British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ippo 17/08/23

1 minute ago, Mimmo said:

All any of us can guess what the situation is, because we simply don't know.  

This slagging off of King's Lynn, or should I say Keith Chapman, doesn't do the club any good, if someone is prepared to buy the club from him.  Potential sponsors that a new promotion would require, would have been reading all this old clap trap, and become uninterested, and don't think companies don't look at these sites if they are wanting to sponsorship out there, because they do.

Okay, I've opened the door so you can start slagging me off, which will just confirm what I've said about sponsors.   

I'm not slagging anyone off, merely wanting to be informed who was unavailable - surely they can be honest can't they?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

All any of us can guess what the situation is, because we simply don't know.  

This slagging off of King's Lynn, or should I say Keith Chapman, doesn't do the club any good, if someone is prepared to buy the club from him.  Potential sponsors that a new promotion would require, would have been reading all this old clap trap, and become uninterested, and don't think companies don't look at these sites if they are wanting to sponsorship out there, because they do.

Okay, I've opened the door so you can start slagging me off, which will just confirm what I've said about sponsors.   

But buster and kings lynn have brought it upon themselves. 

we don’t just moan for the sake of moaning. It’s because buster and lynn give us a reason to. 

• Like 2

You don't need to be ITK to realise that the problem is much deeper at KL and this is just another excuse, Should just pull out of the league altogether.

Remember when Wolves were forced to go to Sheffield a couple of weeks ago with a ridiculous line-up? Literally no different to the situation KL claim to be in yet they're allowed to call it off, Something iffy is going on.

King's Lynn can easily book Championship riders to guest whilst running R/R for Klindt. 

Laguta

R/R

Championship Guest (Etheridge, Bowtell, Nielsen, Starke, Thomson, Castagna, Vissing, Heeps, Newman, Mountain etc.)

Breum

MPT

S. Lambert

Rowe

• Like 3

Anyone with the IQ of a lettuce could have forseen that with fixed race nights where six of seven teams were riding and almost universal doubling up, it would result sooner or later in a situation where no (decent) guests were available.

So why didn't the BSPL realise this was the inevitable consequence of their decisions?

Oh I see. :oops:

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Pretty poor excuse to postpone the match imo, only 2 riders injured so r/r for Klindt & and Championship second string for TJ isn't much worse than they've been running all season tbh. 

Calling off a match because you can't find a "strong" guest just opens up a can of worms now doesn't it?

They haven't said that though have they, just rider unavailability, for all we know it could've been four or five of them missing but as usual there's no honesty.  If there was, I could be empathetic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Pretty poor excuse to postpone the match imo, only 2 riders injured so r/r for Klindt & and Championship second string for TJ isn't much worse than they've been running all season tbh. 

Calling off a match because you can't find a "strong" guest just opens up a can of worms now doesn't it?

Agreed, so KL can not get a rider from BV or a Championship rider? Absolute Bullsh*t. Another stab in the back for speedway fans and the sport by the stupid clown Chapman who clearly doesn’t give a dam. Also shows as if we didn’t know that Morris has zero authority as the so called CEO. It’s time both these pathetic fools were drummed out of speedway. 

• Like 1

Just now, SPEEDY69 said:

They haven't said that though have they, just rider unavailability, for all we know it could've been four or five of them missing but as usual there's no honesty.  If there was, I could be empathetic.

There is no reason for Artem, Emil, MPT, Simon or Anders not to be there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

You don't need to be ITK to realise that the problem is much deeper at KL and this is just another excuse, Should just pull out of the league altogether.

Remember when Wolves were forced to go to Sheffield a couple of weeks ago with a ridiculous line-up? Literally no different to the situation KL claim to be in yet they're allowed to call it off, Something iffy is going on.

King's Lynn can easily book Championship riders to guest whilst running R/R for Klindt. 

Laguta

R/R

Championship Guest (Etheridge, Bowtell, Nielsen, Starke, Thomson, Castagna, Vissing, Heeps, Newman, Mountain etc.)

Breum

MPT

S. Lambert

Rowe

Scott Nicholls

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

I wonder what the sanctions will be? 

Points deduction, thus destroying their play off hopes...:D

Or....

They may not be allowed to relegate themselves into Div 2 next season, like Poole did a few years ago.... :D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Surely Troy Batchelor would be available? 

• Haha 5

Just now, Tom Thumb said:

Surely Troy Batchelor would be available? 

They did say no suitable guests available :D

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Dreamboat Phil's promise of integrity and transparency didn't last long did it?

Is there or isn't there a rule about fielding competitive teams? If so why enforce it now?

There can't be. There isn't a definition of competitive/non competitive nor can one be practically written, what's the cut off point?

I have been to several matches where a low average NL guest has, been used to replace a far superior rider, so what is the difference between that situation?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

There is no reason for Artem, Emil, MPT, Simon or Anders not to be there...

There must be more to it imo. Not just TJ and NK out. Otherwise they would of been made to run it.