British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Ippo 17/08/23

17 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Suck it up, fulfil your responsibilities  and move on.....

It would of been cheaper for Buster to do so. Probably 62- 28. He can't be as bad as some think?

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

They're not cheats, they told the BSPL they couldn't put out a team & the BSPL believed them & allowed then to cancel it.

While I'm dissapointed with Lynn's actions, it's hard to blame them if they are allowed to get away with it, I'd almost begrudgingly congratulate them on outsmarting the authorities! I'm probably more annoyed with the BSPL for letting them postpone the match, than for Lynn for cancelling it!

Ipswich must certainly be livid, especially of Lambert's return costs them a top 4 spot!

Kings Lynn Speedway and the BSPL are separate entities in the same way that Kings Lynn Speedway and Norfolk Arena Ltd are. 

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It would of been cheaper for Buster to do so. Probably 62- 28. He can't be as bad as some think?

If I was Chris Louis I'd be relieved I didn't have to pay for 62 points!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

If I was Chris Louis I'd be relieved I didn't have to pay for 62 points!

They could still do that,because Lynn are still weaker than when we met them a few weeks ago when they won 40-50.I don't see what they are so worried about.

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

They could still do that,because Lynn are still weaker than when we met them a few weeks ago when they won 40-50.I don't see what they are so worried about.

I dunno Tel mate.. Win that Lotto.. Then we would have them running scared  :lol:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I dunno Tel mate.. Win that Lotto.. Then we would have them running scared  :lol:

I'm getting closer,two numbers this week:lol:

• Haha 2

Would of been a profitable bet for someone if they thought Lynn would finish there season with both Simon and Robert Lambert in the Lynn team 

Just now, tellboy said:

I'm getting closer,two numbers this week:lol:

I won't hold my breath then  ;)

This must rank as one of the most audacious stunts ever since Belle Vue  signed R. Lambert for the p. offs last year.

We can only assume Lambert is a good deal cheaper per meeting than Lagoota, as the Lynn owner repeatedly has claimed the KL side is "over budget"

The entire structure of British Speedway is akin to a game of musical chairs with riders shuffling around from team to team. Every year this forum brings me a good few laughs. You think it cannot get any worse but it does. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

This must rank as one of the most audacious stunts ever since Belle Vue  signed R. Lambert for the p. offs last year.

We can only assume Lambert is a good deal cheaper per meeting than Lagoota, as the Lynn owner repeatedly has claimed the KL side is "over budget"

The entire structure of British Speedway is akin to a game of musical chairs with riders shuffling around from team to team. Every year this forum brings me a good few laughs. You think it cannot get any worse but it does. 

He might be cheaper to  his mate Buster. He might be the same as Laguta, who might of/probably walked.. He could of finished the season with 2 riders out and no No1, and been slagged off  for not caring, like he has been most of the season.. The bloke can't win. I'm sure he's not doing for himself !! We will finish bottom either way...

39 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He might be cheaper to  his mate Buster. He might be the same as Laguta, who might of/probably walked.. He could of finished the season with 2 riders out and no No1, and been slagged off  for not caring, like he has been most of the season.. The bloke can't win. I'm sure he's not doing for himself !! We will finish bottom either way...

You’re right, whilst he is saying idiotic things in the press he can’t win. We are supposed to believe a meeting has been cancelled for tonight on the same day that Robert Lambert has just signed. If he spoke a few more truths then he could win.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Najjer said:

You’re right, whilst he is saying idiotic things in the press he can’t win. We are supposed to believe a meeting has been cancelled for tonight on the same day that Robert Lambert has just signed. If he spoke a few more truths then he could win.

I have said several times, if he was transparent people might sympathise with him. He should of been regarding both clubs. I know some of the things that have gone on, and believe me he is trying, but not being open makes people think that he has something to hide. He's a bit like myself. Set in his ways, and a bit of a fossil.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Lambert uses the premiership again for his Christmas holiday fund

Lambert has been honest, he's here because his foreign commitments have dried up. Kings Lynn know this & are happy to sign him under the circumstances. Lynn fans should be happy they've a stronger number one. I see no downside to the situation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Lambert uses the premiership again for his Christmas holiday fund

Me and my lad would have been nowhere near the NSS on Monday as we had seen Laguta earlier in the season so "been there, done that,"..

Lambert will add a good couple of hundred to the gate on Monday I would think..

Bottom line is, it is all ran a lot Mickey Mouse isn't it? So it doesn't really matter who wins, loses, or draws (oops, we don't draw anymore do we?).:D.

So, it's good to see another top UK GP talent back...

And it also means he will no doubt pick up another league winners medal as he guests for one of the finalists...

Last year he came over having had zero influence on the season's results, to replace an injured rider, and we had many in " meltdown", and still dribbling to this day about it...

This year he will 100% influence who makes the last four and could then quite conceivably ride for any one of them in the final...

Makes perfect sense, and perfectly acceptable......:D

Good to have him back...