British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

You're right enough the rest of us should just throw the towel in now :rolleyes:. Also since their rumoured to be picking each other that's an impossibility 

Apologies for sounding so synical....I do wish Glasgow/Scunthorpe/Redcar/Edinburgh all the best in their attempts/efforts to become Champions.

However, I cant believe for one minute that Oxford/Poole will select each other in the Semi stage!

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Apologies for sounding so synical....I do wish Glasgow/Scunthorpe/Redcar/Edinburgh all the best in their attempts/efforts to become Champions.

However, I cant believe for one minute that Oxford/Poole will select each other in the Semi stage!

If we take bonus off Oxford tomorrow doesn't that put Iud ahead of them and more likely to progress also?

Well neither do I but that's the rumour 

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If we take bonus off Oxford tomorrow doesn't that put Iud ahead of them and more likely to progress also?

Well neither do I but that's the rumour 

No, Oxford are seven points clear of Glasgow, and Glasgow only have two matches left. Oxford on 33, max Glasgow can get is 32.

I'm half hoping Oxford/Poole do select each other, as I'd love to see an Oxford vs Glasgow final!

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

No, Oxford are seven points clear of Glasgow, and Glasgow only have two matches left. Oxford on 33, max Glasgow can get is 32.

I'm half hoping Oxford/Poole do select each other, as I'd love to see an Oxford vs Glasgow final!

What I meant was that it we get better of Oxford over 2 legs once can do it again more then the total league points scenario.

With greatest of respect to what is obviously a very successful team, the 8 other champ clubs fans be hoping for a non Poole final!

16 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

What about an Oxford v Redcar Final though if that happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What I meant was that it we get better of Oxford over 2 legs once can do it again more then the total league points scenario.

With greatest of respect to what is obviously a very successful team, the 8 other champ clubs fans be hoping for a non Poole final!

Yeah, fair point, although Oxford were severely weakened in the home fixture with the loss of Schlein after just one race - so not sure you can read too much into the aggregate score. But then there's the Tarasenko factor in Glasgow's favour.

And totally agree about Poole. Nothing against them, but it's about time we had a final without them.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Yeah, fair point, although Oxford were severely weakened in the home fixture with the loss of Schlein after just one race - so not sure you can read too much into the aggregate score. But then there's the Tarasenko factor in Glasgow's favour.

And totally agree about Poole. Nothing against them, but it's about time we had a final without them.

The thing about Poole ,love them or hate them , they do provide good entertainment as visitors to most tracks.Bet these Promotions don’t mind them.

• Like 1

Only in speedway you would get Birmingham Riders guesting for Plymouth and Plymouth riders guesting for Birmingham while fighting each other and ourselves for the last play off spot.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Only in speedway you would get Birmingham Riders guesting for Plymouth and Plymouth riders guesting for Birmingham while fighting each other and ourselves for the last play off spot.

Agreed, farcical.

Poole confirm they will be at home next Wednesday 13th September against, as yet, unknown play-off opposition, But all potential play-off clubs are in agreement!!

NB, Are there any Danish play-off fixtures next Wednesday that may affect anyone's availability?  PS, How's Vissing after his crash in Denmark last night? Zach Cook has had to withdraw from the Wolves team tonight after his heat 14 off at Edinburgh.

Edited by Skidder1

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole confirm they will be at home next Wednesday 13th September against, as yet, unknown play-off opposition, But all potential play-off clubs are in agreement!!

NB, Are there any Danish play-off fixtures next Wednesday that may affect anyone's availability?  PS, How's Vissing after his crash in Denmark last night? Zach Cook has had to withdraw from the Wolves team tonight after his heat 14 off at Edinburgh.

Danish Superfinal is 20th.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Plymouth cannot qualify now

10 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Plymouth cannot qualify now

Good point. You've saved the reputation of British Speedway! :t:

13 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Why?

If they finish top, they'll be the People's Champions in my eyes and I for one hope they go on and win the stupid play offs.

8 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Why?

If they finish top, they'll be the People's Champions in my eyes and I for one hope they go on and win the stupid play offs.

Because a monopoly is no good for the sport. Yes it's up to other teams to improve and beat them but same team winning everything isn't very entertaining in my eyes.

I have same feeling towards play offs but since this what we have that's my opinion on it