British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Yeah I m surprised. Mainly because of the way Peter Schroeck had talked about Killeen in the past. Guess to be successful you’ve got to be ruthless in this business at the end of the day. 

Schroeck wanted AB to go to Oxford at the beginning of the season but AB chose Leicester. PS was disappointed

42 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Schroeck wanted AB to go to Oxford at the beginning of the season but AB chose Leicester. PS was disappointed

But you’re talking about the Chargers though, it’s not a like for like comparison. Boughen would have been at the Chargers as well as Killeen, not as a replacement. 

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

He’s ridden in 3 out of 4 matches the Chargers have had at home, albeit for the away side so they’ve pretty much had him there anyway

Edited by DJC
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

Had he not ridden a fourth match last October (or was it November by then) he would have come into the Chargers side on a 3.00 average (instead of Jacob Fellows). But because he obtained an average he couldn't fit without dropping Jody Scott, Henry Atkins or Nathan Stoneman.

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Gotta say I'm surprised Oxford dropped Killeen. Boughen is obviously one for the future, but is he any better now? If he's signed as an asset can understand it though.

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I'll behave now ;) 

Tbh this might be a bit random thinking (well it is me, so to be expected!) I would rather finish 3rd or 4th and beat everyone in the playoffs! Gain everything and lose nothing. Seen Poole finish top and win and just feel you have to win playoffs no matter what to justify finishing top and kinda stressful tbh. If you finish 4th and win final I feel it is even better as other team expected to win and you don't have the pressure. 

See told you it was random.

Tbh at this moment I would choose Glasgow! Only Plymouth have scored less at Poole lol. But see what happens Weds. 

Do playoffs count as the eight qualifying meetings to become asset or is it just normal league meetings?

Oxford have signed Boughen now to hold his registration, now he is 16. I thought 8 qualifying meetings was for an average? Any 12 meetings to be an asset although it might have changed!!

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

There would be no point in doing that. Just use r/r for Jenkins with Killeen used as number 8 (Lewis Kerr gets an extra ride).

If Killeen signs for a Championship club then he can not be used as a no8(now AR).

10 hours ago, Skodaman said:

Maybe that was down to lots of practice sessions being available at Leicester with it being a single use facility and at that age the more time on track the better?

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

Spoke to a friend from Scunthorpe who i met a few years ago. Gave me some info on the A Boughen  signing .He spoke to a few clubs before signing for Oxford  for 15000.00. Glasgow were contacted  sorry out of our price range [ no thank you ]

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Spoke to a friend from Scunthorpe who i met a few years ago. Gave me some info on the A Boughen  signing .He spoke to a few clubs before signing for Oxford  for 15000.00. Glasgow were contacted  sorry out of our price range [ no thank you ]

The exact reason why Leicester/Sheffield and Poole didn’t sign him as always the risk could pay that money won’t ride enough meetings to be an asset then decides he wants to go elsewhere.

There is already signs he may be at Wrocław next season in both U24 and ExtraLiga which will rule out Championship anyway 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flagrag said:

The exact reason why Leicester/Sheffield and Poole didn’t sign him as always the risk could pay that money won’t ride enough meetings to be an asset then decides he wants to go elsewhere.

There is already signs he may be at Wrocław next season in both U24 and ExtraLiga which will rule out Championship anyway 

Risking big money on Young speedway talent is gambling IMO.He won’t be hanging about long if he starts fulfilling the hype.

36 minutes ago, MANSE said:

and a monthly allowance from a sponsor 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MANSE said:

Foolish for any club to pay that if true

A lot of conjecture and guesswork on here - especially about fees.

It was definitely suggested in an article last winter in the Speedway Star that AB was being mentored by Lewi Kerr and if so, probably getting some expert bike set up help from Steve Norman. 

That's a far bigger reason I think why he's chosen Oxford as he'll also know Peter Shroeck well too and not a long haul trip for him either.

As for Poland - for god sake give the kid a break, at the moment he's promising and clearly talented but not yet the second coming of the Messiah!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Foolish for any club to pay that if true

why foolish? id say great to see a club investing in the future

hope the kid hits the ground running too,,,Well done Oxford!

10 hours ago, flagrag said:

There is absolutely no way Ashton makes the Ekstraliga team so he’ll be fine in the championship for next season.

9 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

There is absolutely no way Ashton makes the Ekstraliga team so he’ll be fine in the championship for next season.

Why don't people simply read Ashton's statement?

• Like 1