British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Championship Pairs - Sep 1st

15 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Good grief! It happened in 1968 but, as said, it can still happen now as it’s listed as 8th in the tiebraking procedure by FIFA themselves. Look up if you don’t believe me - or don’t, and keep arguing. 

I'm not arguing and I do believe you. I also couldn't give a toss what another governing body do in a completely different sport, their drawing of lots is at the end of a very exhaustive procedure and if it were to happen in the next world cup the world would go into meltdown on the back of it. 

Maybe you think the gates should have been decided on penalties? Bring a 5 a side goal out and have a shoot out.

Back in the 70's, in speedway, qualifying in the 2nd half events was often given to the fastest 2nd place rider, so it's nothing new... but if you want it decided on the toss of a coin, so be it

Edited by iainb

34 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Can you stop being a pratt, giving Glasgow a bad name, there is no need to make derogatory comments about lisa Collette

Oh geeze peace for god sake it's got nothing to do with u my post ..Lisa is on everything & gives it out to many & even she knows it so pipe down ..how am I giving glasgow a bad name don't be so stupid I'm representing myself on here as an individual speedway fan on a forum honest to god...

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I'm not arguing and I do believe you. I also couldn't give a toss what another governing body do in a completely different sport, their drawing of lots is at the end of a very exhaustive procedure and if it were to happen in the next world cup the world would go into meltdown on the back of it. 

Maybe you think the gates should have been decided on penalties? Bring a 5 av side goal out and have a shoot out.

Back in the 70's in speedway qualifying in the 2nd half events was often given to the fastest 2nd place rider, so it's nothing new... but if you want it decided on the toss of a coin, so be it

Didn't someone like KK win a GP on toss of a coin? Or might have been Magic? 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

KK world under 21 I believe... let's hope the final in Cardiff tomorrow is decided on the toss of a coin :D

Edited by iainb

7 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

This does seem a bit of strange discussion to be having, and feel the thread would be better used to congratulate Glasgow….however…

A coin toss is literally used at the start of every football game to decide which end each team gets etc. Now while this isn’t exactly groundbreaking, it’s barely any different from a coin toss to decide which semi-final Glasgow or Oxford should be in is it? It barely (if any) impacted the result, just like the coin toss at the start of a football match. Should they have a quick five a side game before kick off instead if everything should be performance based? 

Exactly. The coin toss simply decided which team was in which semi as they were tied in pretty much every way. Pretty simple stuff. A certain person is acting like it decided the outcome of the meeting. 

• Like 2

There does seem to be a lot of tossers on here tonight :D

59 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

U21 World title about 2005.  Some Czech rider who rode for Redcar & Poole lost the ballot I think.  Tomas Suchanek... rings a bell.   Was hopeless on these shores.

Just got home, enjoyed the racing later on.

Peterborough err Glasgow deserved to win.  Only pair that rude as a team all night   Wright was very good but he left King in the final chasing the win after they were both well in front of Harris
King refused to move off the white line all night.

Batchelor didn't try, Lawson didn't in his first two rides.  Howarth was poor.

Edited by Col
  • Like 2

Well done to Glasgow great effort from both riders,Harris superb Team riding but credit too Basso who was very brave and fearless when it mattered.Do all Aussies whinge all the time.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Well done to Glasgow great effort from both riders,Harris superb Team riding but credit too Basso who was very brave and fearless when it mattered.Do all Aussies whinge all the time.

Being a regular exponent of this on here, you should know:P

• Haha 1

Should've tossed the caber instead!! :D

Edited by lbw

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You didn't read my post properly. I meant I'd prefer a league trophy if I had to choose. Was just a bit of banter with Cast1ron.  Pairs is better than nothing though. If that turns out to be the case. Probably win another trophy with the top 5 you have though. If Glasgow do will you still be moaning about the reserves or not? 

Don't worry Lisa, I got the banter, forum rules state, " 3.6.1 No personal attacks against any member except Steve Shovelar"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, iainb said:

There does seem to be a lot of tossers on here tonight :D

No.... Just You

• Haha 1

Wow just caught up on here!

Well done Glasgow, clearly the best pair on the night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cyclone said:

Being a regular exponent of this on here, you should know:P

It’s interesting that Polcopper in Poland has had enough of the Aussie rider’s attitude over there. Just Saying!!

7 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Exactly. The coin toss simply decided which team was in which semi as they were tied in pretty much every way. Pretty simple stuff. A certain person is acting like it decided the outcome of the meeting. 

Could you not have given it to Oxford as they had raced Poole as well as Glasgow.

Redcar only raced Glasgow in the qualifiers.