British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

25.08.2023 Scunny v Glasgow League

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I remember posting on the forum last year, after watching Complin at Poole. I said he looked pretty decent after years of not riding, but if he wanted to progress and get even better, he needed to get some of that bulk off. Well, that didn’t happen and he is overweight for a speedway rider or sportsman. He really should lose it on a Keto or low carb regime and the pounds will fall off. 

As a side, I have noticed both Ben Barker and Chris Harris are both heavier than at any other time in their racing careers .

Barker yes but in Chris’s case I think you’ll find it’s his safety air vest which makes him look larger. If you see him without his race suit he is no bulkier than before. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Barker yes but in Chris’s case I think you’ll find it’s his safety air vest which makes him look larger. If you see him without his race suit he is no bulkier than before. 

Was going to say don't bomber and Ben still use the inflatable gear under their racesuit 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I agree 100% ,bumped into Chris at a service station and he’s fit enough to be doing Speedway

25 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I watched the Plymouth stream recently and Barker looked fat faced and unhealthy. Not watching what he is eating. Bomber less so but looks like he has put weight in his face and seeing him at Poole last week it was difficult to tell the difference between Complin and Harris coming up to tapes. I am a fan of Bomber and always enjoy his efforts even though the light is now fading slightly on his career. Still has it but we were all commenting on his size in the grandstand. Happy to hear it’s not pies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I watched the Plymouth stream recently and Barker looked fat faced and unhealthy. Not watching what he is eating. Bomber less so but looks like he has put weight in his face and seeing him at Poole last week it was difficult to tell the difference between Complin and Harris coming up to tapes. I am a fan of Bomber and always enjoy his efforts even though the light is now fading slightly on his career. Still has it but we were all commenting on his size in the grandstand. Happy to hear it’s not pies.

You really go hard with the fat shaming, Steve! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I hear you are quite the athlete yourself 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Clueless 

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

I hear you are quite the athlete yourself 

Yes thanks. Look after myself and am very fit for my age. Eat healthily, don’t drink much, stay away from anything bad like confectionary, ready meals and take away. Able to compete in decent quality paragliding competitions, (tomorrow I am representing the Wessex region in a cross country event)

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

You really go hard with the fat shaming, Steve! 

If you are not giving yourself every opportunity to do well in your chosen sport, you only have yourself to blame if you don’t do as well as you could. Why have that kebab after a meeting when you could have prepared a chicken salad a few hours earlier? 

I remember being at Subway in Poole and Darcy Ward came in. He ordered a green leaf salad. Had the knowledge to eat healthily. Want to stay healthy or lose weight? Stay off carbs and processed foods. Carbs especially. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not fat shaming at all. But if you are not giving yourself every opportunity to do well in your chosen sport, you only have yourself to blame if you don’t do as well as you could. Why have that kebab after a meeting when you could have prepared a chicken salad a few hours earlier? 

I remember being at Subway in Poole and Darcy Ward came in. He ordered a green leaf salad. Had the knowledge to eat healthily. Want to stay healthy or lose weight? Stay off carbs and processed foods. Carbs especially. They make you fat. 

Rather be fat than ginger :drink:

• Haha 3

Carbs are fine if you have correct portion size. I am not sure excluding a whole food group is the way to go imo. But no harm in reducing it. Calorie counting is good to get right meal sizes to begin with but easy to get obsessed with it, so people need to be careful with it.

Sure Keto is good if you can keep it up but carbs are everywhere and very tempting. Also good for energy as didn't football players used to have pasta before a match until they moved on to having baby food! ;)

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Honestly you're a waste of air mate. "I'm a Glasgow fan and our reserves aren't good enough". Every thread that's even slightly Glasgow related. Surprised it's no on the clrc or pairs thread. Embarrassment to all Glasgow fans on this forum 

Your a waste of air pal you would never say that to my face or anyones a stupid daft wee keyboard warrior go away & hide behide ur ph ..I never slagged anyone of personally why because its left for idiots like you to run away & hide ..I made a speedway point that's it ...its a speedway forum u don't like it ...get off 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes thanks. Look after myself and am very fit for my age. Eat healthily, don’t drink much, stay away from anything bad like confectionary, ready meals and take away. Able to compete in decent quality paragliding competitions, (tomorrow I am representing the Wessex region in a cross country event)

Think he was being sarcastic.

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Think he was being sarcastic.

I knew that but I am not out of shape.

Lisa, I don’t calorie count at all. Calorie counting is a massive pain and it’s easy to avoid carbs once you know what to avoid. No pasta, bread, potatoes, rice, biscuits, confectionary, and you are 80% there. The biggest hurdle is called willpower. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Rather be fat than ginger :drink:

Healthier being in ginger than fat 

• Confused 1