British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Edinburgh v Poole 25th August 2023 Championship.

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Twitter account seems pretty sure it's going ahead 

Must be a scheduled tweet.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Pretty sure the Edinburgh one was scheduled. Poole are being hopeful, I think. Not sure it will be clear from 7pm, and no chance of having both meeting done by 10pm.

Brum meeting must be off at the very least. But the rain is coming down harder now, so I don't see how this is on today.

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

Pretty sure the Edinburgh one was scheduled. Poole are being hopeful, I think. Not sure it will be clear from 7pm, and no chance of having both meeting done by 10pm.

Brum meeting must be off at the very least. But the rain is coming down harder now, so I don't see how this is on today.

Yeah I get that. But saw this first and if people want to know what is going on thought it would be worth posting. 

• Like 1

Been that kind of day across central Scotland, dry and sunny at times but when the shorts hit it's a monsoon. Got drowned taking kids to school this morning. Must've known a risk would hit jist on start time but hoped not what it obviously is from those in attendance 

Crap. Sorry for the Poole fans who have made the very long trip north. Killer.

• Like 1

Guess we will just have to make do with the group of death then! Can't see how they are going to fit it in. Although teams still get fined don't they for missing cut off? Although considering what happened in the first staging maybe they will be a bit more lenient. 

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Very expensive call off for Edinburgh. Have to pay all away riders travel expenses.

Thought you paid for you're own team nowadays. 

Edited by weatherman

Just paid for the stream without coming on here first. Hope they will issue a refund as nothing on the site to say it's off 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Guess we will just have to make do with the group of death then! Can't see how they are going to fit it in. Although teams still get fined don't they for missing cut off? Although considering what happened in the first staging maybe they will be a bit more lenient. 

Think only fined if don't complete by 31st October. Sure that's what happened to Workington