British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wolves v Sheffield Monday 28th August Live on Eurosport

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Sad to see Wolves close (We know they won't run in 25 either) we've seen how this song and dance plays out on numerous occasions. 

Came on to say this myself. The sport really is in free fall now and only getting worse. :cry:

• Sad 3

Its a shame for those that follow the sport in the Midlands,,, it won't be long before a few more clubs around the country join it though. 

CVS seemed fairly positive about 2025 on Eurosport.

6 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

Came on to say this myself. The sport really is in free fall now and only getting worse. :cry:

I give it 3 years top whack before the sport disappears entirely in this country unfortunately. 

Edited by TTT

Just now, Skidder1 said:

CVS seemed fairly positive about 2025 on Eurosport.

Not sure he could be anything else, the reality though I'd suggest not 

Masters moaning about movement but it was Worrall moving?  Brilliant

2 minutes ago, tyke said:

Just look at how positive it was with Swindon with the one season out talk. They are now in the abyss for good. 

13 minutes ago, tyke said:

It really is a blow to u k speedway and one can only hope that Wolves have something in the pipeline but can the optimism about 2025 be fulfilled and if the club has something lined up that can see them come to the tapes in 2025 then why not reveal. I feel for the Wolves fans and let’s hope that they are not lost to British speedway. U k speedway and one of stalwarts of the top tier is not going to be the same. Fingers crossed that you come back.

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Officially no Wolves next season :(

No loss

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, TTT said:

I give it 3 years top whack before the sport disappears entirely in this country unfortunately. 

Team speedway I agree..

Death by a 1000 self inflicted cuts unfortunately, with all promoters as culpable as each other for allowing such nonsense that we constantly see pervade, which has driven many thousands away...

Thousands that, if they were still regularly in attendance, would make a world of difference to landlords and their rent money level..

And, maybe, saved a few more tracks..?

You would hope though, that given the raw product itself clearly has a marketable value given how good it can be, that the sport does carry on akin to how the USA and Aussie run their version of the sport..

Individuals in the main, with some contrived teams put together on an adhoc basis. (Who said just like we have now?):D...

Given riders need so many meetings, (and the sport is pretty much solely built to allow them to do that), it will he interesting to see what gets conjured up.

Given Wolves have pulled out to allow planning to take place, you can only presume that some kind of plan is already being mulled over.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R87 said:

No loss

Any club disappearing is a loss:nono: