Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wolves v Sheffield Monday 28th August Live on Eurosport

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Any club disappearing is a loss:nono:

Not that one though

23 minutes ago, DJC said:

Masters moaning about movement but it was Worrall moving?  Brilliant

He’s correct though, isn’t he? Regardless of whether it’s a Wolves or a Sheffield rider, the rules state that riders must remain stationary until the tapes rise; that didn’t happen.

Between this and the decision to allow Charles Wright to remain in the final of last night’s CLRC, I’m noting a blatant unwillingness from referee’s to apply the rules which are set in black and white.

Just now, R87 said:

Not that one though

It's not to my liking,but i don't want to see any club disappear.

2 minutes ago, R87 said:

No loss

It is if you are trying to run some sort of league. No Wolves and I doubt whether the league can continue in its current format. Why should any team jeopardise it’s very existence by moving up to  join and expensive operating model racing on nights that do not suit the the local business model. In my view it is a shame that another team bites the dust and league racing at the top level is questionable and I wonder how many fans of the sport would turn out for open meetings if you had no league racing. Be careful what you wish for.

13 minutes ago, R87 said:

No loss

Of course it is, Every club that closes is one step closer to the league closing as a whole.

Clubs like BV are secure but they need other clubs to race against. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Any club disappearing is a loss:nono:

The poster should show to all their true colours but obviously they neither have the balls or the sense to see where the sport is in this country. Still what sport needs supporters like this poster. Suggest they go watch tiddlywinks.

12 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

It is if you are trying to run some sort of league. No Wolves and I doubt whether the league can continue in its current format. Why should any team jeopardise it’s very existence by moving up to  join and expensive operating model racing on nights that do not suit the the local business model. In my view it is a shame that another team bites the dust and league racing at the top level is questionable and I wonder how many fans of the sport would turn out for open meetings if you had no league racing. Be careful what you wish for.

You would need to promote it with big prize money...

Bottom line though will be that plenty of riders will need to earn, so they will be available. 

The current team sport model has driven thousands away due its completely contrived operating plan, which engenders zero emotional attachment, so, what really is the point of doing the same old, same old, every year..?

All the tracks closing over the past 10 years shows it clearly doesn't work...

Edited by mikebv

5 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Yeah, individual events are nice, but league racing is the glue.

Not even Blu Tac sadly....:o

42 minutes ago, DJC said:

Masters moaning

Get away!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grim but inevitable news. You cannot run the sport in this country as it has been without casualties. 
I’ll miss the atmosphere of the friendly rivalry between The Aces and wolves and there will always be a warm welcome at the NSS should you fancy the sixty odd mile trip up to see your old favourites. Maybe an ex wolves v Aces challenge at the start of next season.

22 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Yeah, individual events are nice, but league racing is the glue.

It's not though, is it? It's a clusterf--k and clearly not working. Not enough venues, not enough riders, not enough fans, not a sustainable business model. The only glue is the stuff being sniffed by anyone who thinks professional speedway will still exist in the UK in five years time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, truthsayer said:

It's not though, is it? It's a clusterf--k and clearly not working. Not enough venues, not enough riders, not enough fans, not a sustainable business model. The only glue is the stuff being sniffed by anyone who thinks professional speedway will still exist in the UK in five years time.

OK, I’ll put it another way. Get rid of the leagues tomorrow and the sport dies tomorrow - not in five years.

• Like 2

Especially with the news about monmore closing, sorry this meeting is a bit of  bore fest.

Good news for the wolves fans of course but not for the casual observer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Especially with the news about monmore closing, sorry this meeting is a bit of  bore fest.

It's been so boring not a single rider has been coming on strong.