British Speedway Forum
Rob B

2023 Playoffs

14 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No sanctimonious is posting and then repeating that you are better than other posters

That's neither respectful or classy.....

Well maybe a bit more respect next time.  Personally I wouldn't be commenting about my owns teams chances improving while we don't know how bad a riders been injured but hey that's just me. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

The guy had just gone off in the ambulance, yes I expect better.

Okay so what should @dontforgetthefueltapsbruv have said in response to that message? “I really hope Ipswich don’t win the league now as Charles Wright has just been injured”. Give me a break.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Like 1

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying your increased chances of success due to another’s misfortune. I gained two places on my Great North Run finish as two competitors suffered minor strokes in front of me. Their family members took exception to my celebrations but like you guys on here I told them to get a grip. What are you supposed to do when gaining an advantage. Just glad I’m surrounded by like minded people on here. 

Edited by ouch
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

They don’t like it when it’s their rider, fair game when it’s anyone else’s rider though

From a Wolves fan....:D

8 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Well maybe a bit more respect next time.  Personally I wouldn't be commenting about my owns teams chances improving while we don't know how bad a riders been injured but hey that's just me. 

Will agree to disagree on that

Imagine if a replacement was allowed - do you think Mark Lemon would've been waiting until Tuesday before contacting options?

A pound to a penny his phone would've been hot almost as quickly as I posted.......

This unfortunate accident will impact Redcar alot , he is a terrific rider at his home track and irreplaceable in their play off meetings, Belle Vue on the other hand have good options for rider replacement so I dont think they will suffer too much especially away from home when one of his rides could possibly be used as a tac ride . 

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

This unfortunate accident will impact Redcar alot , he is a terrific rider at his home track and irreplaceable in their play off meetings, Belle Vue on the other hand have good options for rider replacement so I dont think they will suffer too much especially away from home when one of his rides could possibly be used as a tac ride . 

No tac subs in play off meetings surely?

37 minutes ago, one of clubs said:

Should BV make the grand final would the home leg be on thursday 2nd oct, weather permitting?

Monday 2nd

Thursday 5th are the final dates 

12 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

What a tool you are.   Who's they? Most fans hate any rider getting injured, just really poor to pat yourselves on the back about how it boosts your team when we didn't even know how bad the injury was, or even any comment wishing the injured rider well. 

Where have I mentioned it boosts our chances?

My point was every other injury is talked about in great depth, replacements etc.

However when it's a BV rider idiots like you take it as a personal insult.

Hope Charles makes a speedy recovery.

29 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Where have I mentioned it boosts our chances?

My point was every other injury is talked about in great depth, replacements etc.

However when it's a BV rider idiots like you take it as a personal insult.

Hope Charles makes a speedy recovery.

Timing is everything. I'm sorry but to be discussing a teams improved chances while a rider is still in an ambulance wasn't needed, at least wait a few hours until the extent of the injury's are known.  I don't care if it's a Belle Vue Rider or Sheffield etc.   I mentioned no names in my original post, so if it wasn't you then no need to have a head wobble, you did though throw out your usual nonsense of "well they do it".  

Edited by SUPERACE

Can Belle Vue sign a rider due to Charles having a season ending injury?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Can Belle Vue sign a rider due to Charles having a season ending injury?

No but I suspect they have a lawyer on it and a loophole will be found.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2