British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

KO cup final dates Witches v Tigers 2023

10 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Well done Ipswich......but,holder was spot on with his summing up of the track and the racing.

As Holder said himself, you've got to ride it hard. Seems his nads ain't big enough, same as when he was riding for the Stars..

• Like 1

Well done Ipswich and well done to BSN for their continued great coverage.

That's Ipswich's first title this season.

Chris Holder complaining about a track that isn't a Polish carpet rug lol, I've got no idea why Sheffield signed him knowing they had to visit Ipswich and Wolves in their crunch meetings, The guy is mentally beaten before the meetings even get started at those tracks, Sacking Kerr was beyond stupid.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Gotta side with Roger here, any rule which limits guests has to be seen as a positive. Feel more should be done to ensure clubs don't become strengthened when a rider is missing.

I don't understand why some act like a team being weakened by injuries is a travesty, it happens in any sport.

Besides I feels there's still a few RS options who are worth a try: Atkins, Smith, Joe T & Boughen shouldn't be out of their depth.

Yeah that’s fine, but then don’t allow a guest at 1 either then, run R/R. My argument is allowing one but not another and I still haven’t seen a valid reason why a guest can’t be used for your number 7 but perfectly ok further up. 

• Like 1

Congratulations to the Witches, I do have Witchy friends so I'm pleased for them :t: For me the job was half done on Monday night - I tend to think Max Fricke's poor performance then, was balanced off by Emil and Jason not having great meetings, it was the points from Danny King and Erik Riss, and to a lesser extent, Keynan Rew, on Monday, that made the difference. Only Jason Edwards really covered himself in any kind of glory for the Tigers tonight. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Track is catching the home riders out, Hume unlucky too and Doyle struggled in last race too, won it easily enough though, never been Chris Holders best track

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Chris Holder..  It's been 12 years since iv'e been here, and i ain't missed it a bit. You can't race on that :)

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

He has never liked Foxhall

Scored a 12 max on his last Foxhall visit in 2010. Still doesn’t mean he enjoyed it mind you. 

Watched it on BSN. Well done Ipswich. And well done Adam Roynon for being the only speedway commentator on the face of Planet Earth who actually understands how speedway scoring works and that you don't need a maths degree to understand it.

• Like 1

Brilliant idea to let the fans onto the centre green for the presentation. Great for fans to get up close to the riders. First chance ever to have a look at the track close up too

Edited by Laobob
  • Like 9

Forgot to say earlier.

Eurosport could learn a thing or two about BSN's coverage, Sometimes they make mistakes with the graphics but the camerawork is so much better than Eurosport.

Got to love Paul Bowen that guy has got a great personality.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Scored a 12 max on his last Foxhall visit in 2010. Still doesn’t mean he enjoyed it mind you. 

As part of the Turbo Twins maybe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The Ipswich riders are also finding the track difficult. Holder said they need a motorway blade on it. The bumps have thrown riders all over the place on the first bend. Holder has a point.

Witches have this in the bag.

You always slag Foxhall off when it’s on tv, not a single Ipswich rider struggled with the track tonight, accept maybe joe Thompson but he’s much less experienced. But he attacked it every time he was out and did superb in heat 2.

ipswich is always a grippy track, it’s prepared that way every week, the home riders are used to it, it’s called home track advantage 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

As part of the Turbo Twins maybe. 

I had a quick look on GBSpeedway.com.

image.png.fa83815854103ce7d8995c4c7329a73a.png

• Like 2