British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, Spidvej said:

It’s fine now, certainly at Prague airport. 

Yes I have seen since massive changes since my first Zlata Prilba in 1997.

Pardubice has modernised a fair bit. The guys behind “Honest Guide Prague” did a YouTube video on Pardubice which is worth a watch if you haven’t already seen it. 

i haven't seen the video , I'll find it & have a look. Now that I have been reminiscing i am thinking i should make an effort & go there again.:D We have a couple of friends that we usually holiday with & they keep saying they would love to go back to "Czecho" but won't do it alone . They are a few years younger than us & more mobile though, so we will have to give it some thought.  Hope you enjoy your Golden Helmet weekend , might be back  there next year ourselves:D

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 10:54 AM, Dave Jones said:

i haven't seen the video , I'll find it & have a look. Now that I have been reminiscing i am thinking i should make an effort & go there again.:D We have a couple of friends that we usually holiday with & they keep saying they would love to go back to "Czecho" but won't do it alone . They are a few years younger than us & more mobile though, so we will have to give it some thought.  Hope you enjoy your Golden Helmet weekend , might be back  there next year ourselves:D

Hope this video helps.

On 9/3/2023 at 4:00 PM, eric i said:

Am I right in saying cardiff was out of contract this year and I assume next years event  is just a 1 year contract.

Next year is final year of contract.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Hope this video helps.

Thaught he may have popped up the Rd from the University to Semtin and showed us the Semtex factory.. Anyway the train station been modernised now gradually

2 hours ago, eric i said:

where did you get that from?

Thought i saw it on this forum but can't be sure.

1 hour ago, Steelman 77 said:

Does anyone know the date of the Pardubice Golden Helmet meeting in 2024 or roughly when it will be announced? Thanks

It's usually around the same weekend each year.

This is there website so you could keep an eye on there (uses translate to amend from Czech)

http://www.zlataprilba.cz/

Toruns SGP contract for the Speedway GP ended yesterday. Could it move on to Bydgoszcz or will it be renewed ?

Talking about 12 GPs next year again. 4 in Poland, 7 in the rest of Europe and 1 in Australia!!!!! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Shockster said:

Talking about 12 GPs next year again. 4 in Poland, 7 in the rest of Europe and 1 in Australia!!!!! :rolleyes:

The same venues just add Wroclaw,. As for Australia I am not sure if if Discovery is contractully obliged to take the series out of europe. 

30 minutes ago, eric i said:

The same venues just add Wroclaw,. As for Australia I am not sure if if Discovery is contractully obliged to take the series out of europe. 

It was mentioned that Gdansk (not the speedway track) may take over the Gorzow license as they lost money this year due to "the town" not supporting financially.

Once again talking about a final round in Australia...Don't like that. They should start the season out there like they did with NZ and finish in Europe.

12 rounds has a really good risk of the final round being close to meaningless for the Championship.

• Like 1