British Speedway Forum

I mentioned this on another thread, but Sportowe Fakty have an interview with Jorge Viegas. It's translated, but he talks about the following...

Can fans expect any changes to the Grand Prix series for next season?

Nothing has been confirmed yet, but I can assure you that the promoter is doing everything possible to bring the Grand Prix back to Australia next year.

This is another such assurance, but nothing has come of it yet. Are there any other possible directions for the expansion of the Speedway World Championships?

We are constantly monitoring the development of speedway in Argentina and want the cycle to expand to other continents. I think this will happen in the future.

So how many tournaments are planned next year?

In my opinion, in the future we should do everything possible to have 12 tournaments. The number of rounds in the next season depends primarily on whether it will be possible to organize the competition in Australia. I am in constant contact with the promoter and I know that he is working very hard on it. At this stage, I can only assure you that within a month all matters should be clarified and we should know the exact calendar for the next year.

Edited by Bojangles

5 hours ago, Shockster said:

It was mentioned that Gdansk (not the speedway track) may take over the Gorzow license as they lost money this year due to "the town" not supporting financially.

Rumour is a GP in the Polsat Arena in Gdansk.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Rumour is a GP in the Polsat Arena in Gdansk.

Lovely I can hear the moaning now, Gdansk is one of the worst tracks in Poland but I guess the local authority coughed up the most to stage it.

11 hours ago, eric i said:

Lovely I can hear the moaning now, Gdansk is one of the worst tracks in Poland but I guess the local authority coughed up the most to stage it.

Polsat Plus Arena Gdańsk kończy z plastikiem! Od teraz napoje w  wielorazowych kubkach - Radiosupernova.pl

The 'Polsat Plus Arena' is not the speedway stadium in Gdansk, but the 40,000 capacity football stadium!

This will be something similar to what we already have in Warsaw and Cardiff with a temporary speedway track.

• Like 4

On 10/2/2023 at 10:35 PM, eric i said:

Was worried for a minute when you said Gdansk. Went a few years ago for a World U21 round. Horrific public conveniences in the stadium .None of us dared to have a drink

Heard on Saturday a rumour that Frankfurt is under consideration for the German GP. That's from a German supporter with speedway connections we spoke to in the Torun Arena. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the Czech GP was Saturday June 15th.

On 10/25/2023 at 10:17 PM, racers and royals said:

After rumours that Gorzow would not hold a GP in 2024- the latest rumour coming out of Poland is that it’s likely to be happening on Saturday June 29th

Shame as Gdansk would’ve been a good weekend

Fab city and easy transport links

Not disputing Gorzow isn’t a fab track but they promised to take GPs to big cities and big stadiums 

5 hours ago, shoestringtours said:

Shame as Gdansk would’ve been a good weekend

Fab city and easy transport links

Not disputing Gorzow isn’t a fab track but they promised to take GPs to big cities and big stadiums 

Gorzow is a poor track compared to many polish tracks.

i know the date was confirmed for Cardiff but no ticket sales yet which is odd !!

Is it a possibility Cardiff wont go ahead ??

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Rumour out of Poland today that the Speedway of Nations (SON) will be at Belle Vue in 2024.

Yep - I noted that as well. Let us hope that is true.