British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Sheffield Mon 4th Sep

Peterborough face Sheffield again Monday with the Tigers again missing their No 1 but on this occasion it’s Tai Woffinden missing following his crash in the British GP.

Panthers face a 6 point deficit for the aggregate point after losing the first leg 42-48 on the 17th August at Sheffield.

Teams

Peterborough - Artem Laguta, Chris Harris, Vadim Tarasenko, Benjamin Basso, Niels K Iversen, Ben Cook, Jordan Jenkins.

Sheffield - Tai Woffinden R/R, Kyle Howarth, Chris Holder, Josh Pickering, Tobias Musielak, Claus Vissing, Jason Edwards.

Peterborough to win this one.Personally imo,I think Sheffield are slightly weaker with their play off changes they have made,even more so with this one and Tai missing.

16 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Tai out with a broken hand. Bring back Jack?

Not only is his average too high (by 0.06), a rider who has been taken out of a declared line-up can't return for 28 days.

Live Updates will cover this from BSN - however, they don't give race times, which some fans find interesting, and are good for completeness of details.  Does anyone fancy texting the times?  If so, please visit live updates and message "oldcynic" - cheers!

17 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Tai out with a broken hand. Bring back Jack?

19 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Not only is his average too high (by 0.06), a rider who has been taken out of a declared line-up can't return for 28 days.

When Sheffield made their latest change, it only fitted using Woffy's average, not Holder's. So at that point Holder can't come back in.

Now the transfer window has passed can't sign anyone else.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd have put Holder at 2, to take the r/r in heat 13, plus counters Harris in heat 8?

Dont think it matters, cant see Sheffield winning whatever they do, Peterborough are a strong team now.

13 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'd have put Holder at 2, to take the r/r in heat 13, plus counters Harris in heat 8?

Weakening a partnership in the middle order for three heats just to have a stronger rider in one (harder) heat makes little sense. 

As an entertainment spectacle for fans having a strong heat 13 is great but from a tactical point of view three points from any other heat counts just the same. The aim is to win the meeting, not just do well in an individual race. 

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Dont think it matters, cant see Sheffield winning whatever they do, Peterborough are a strong team now.

Just thinking outside of the box & trying to work out how to get the bonus point. I agree Peterborough look strong now with their changes & expect a 10+ win for them.

Pity Peterborough & King's Lynn are both at home tonight,as I'd like to be at both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Just thinking outside of the box & trying to work out how to get the bonus point. I agree Peterborough look strong now with their changes & expect a 10+ win for them.

I think Peterborough only need to win by more than 6 for the bonus point, dont think the bonus point matters much to Sheffield either.