British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Oxford Championship - Friday 8 September 2023 - 7.30pm

A crucial match featuring the two best teams in the league and available on BSN, so Poole fans can watch some proper speedway (I reckon 2 minutes max :drink:).

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

A crucial match featuring the two best teams in the league and available on BSN, so Poole fans can watch some proper speedway (I reckon 2 minutes max :drink:).

Shovlar will be spitting feathers

• Haha 1

I’m interested to see what the Tigers top 5 riding order will be? Maybe something like this??

1. Harris

2. Vissing 

3. Tarasenko

4. Brennan

5. Basso

Is tarasenko getting a practice in before Friday anyone know? Also pretty poor planning clashing with Scotland international match 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheggie said:

I’m interested to see what the Tigers top 5 riding order will be? Maybe something like this??

1. Harris

2. Vissing 

3. Tarasenko

4. Brennan

5. Basso

I would put Brennan at 2, Tarasenko at 5, and keep Claus and Ben together.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Also pretty poor planning clashing with Scotland international match 

Not sure they had many options with this match.

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

Not sure they had many options with this match.

Yeah only had since, what... May to arrange it lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Jaizer said:

Yeah only had since, what... May to arrange it lol

I don't think there were any Fridays both Oxford and Glasgow had free, or that weren't affected by riders appearing somewhere else. Understandable for both teams to want to be full strength. I think there was one week the teams could do but there were already other events on and it was asking too much of the track staff.

That's the other thing we often overlook - some people take time off work to volunteer in order for us to get our fix. They give up a lot, but they still need to earn their living.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Is tarasenko getting a practice in before Friday anyone know? Also pretty poor planning clashing with Scotland international match 

Not really, Put it this way if Scotland were playing out my back door I wouldn't open my curtains to watch them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I don't think there were any Fridays both Oxford and Glasgow had free, or that weren't affected by riders appearing somewhere else. Understandable for both teams to want to be full strength. I think there was one week the teams could do but there were already other events on and it was asking too much of the track staff.

That's the other thing we often overlook - some people take time off work to volunteer in order for us to get our fix. They give up a lot, but they still need to earn their living.

Why, neither team was at full strength for original running.

It's just a pet hate of mine. We used to run 16/17 home matches a season, now we struggle to find 10 

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Why, neither team was at full strength for original running.

It's just a pet hate of mine. We used to run 16/17 home matches a season, now we struggle to find 10 

Do we need a neutral fixtures secretary type post to set dates, regardless of rider availability, to break these log jams. Rearranged fixtures depend on full availability while it's just your luck on normal fixtures set at the start of the season. Seems wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beirao said:

Do we need a neutral fixtures secretary type post to set dates, regardless of rider availability, to break these log jams. Rearranged fixtures depend on full availability while it's just your luck on normal fixtures set at the start of the season. Seems wrong. 

Teams should have to ride their rearranged fixtures on their alternative race  day within 2 weeks whether all the riders are available or not it’s that they adverse to using guests any other time of the season.IMO 

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

For the purposes of the scenario.......

C'MON THE GLASGOW TIGERS! :D

You can do the bizzo! :t:

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 6:14 PM, Jaizer said:

I agree I think it's best if tigers moved this to Sunday 

Very good meeting this tigers home win top 5 too strong now with tarasenko in , would love this to be moved to Sunday as I can't make it day out & football International on ..think tigers would get a bigger crowd on Sunday...anyway safe meeting for all