British Speedway Forum
davieb1

Richie Worrall statement

1 hour ago, DiveBomb said:

I don't really know how drug testing works in speedway but I would just follow how other sports do it. You could do random tests but pretty much most athletes get tested regularly before the events they are participating in. I personally think a test before a meeting should be mandatory. Unless they already do this ? Someone care to explain how it works in speedway?

They recently released the meetings at which testing had taken place and it wasn't nearly as many as I expected. Was something like only 3 or 4 in the last couple of months!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

The simple fact numerous riders (this season alone) have been caught trying to ride while intoxicated shows that some people shouldn't make their own decisions.

not seen that any where, why have they not been named?

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

The simple fact numerous riders (this season alone) have been caught trying to ride while intoxicated shows that some people shouldn't make their own decisions.

Has someone actually turned up to a meeting intoxicated?

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

thats a vague statement, you need to name these idiots. 

32 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Nick Morris, Richie Worrall and Steve Boxall all planned to race did they not? I very much doubt they were planning on admitting having drugs in their system if they hadn't failed a test.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Nick Morris, Richie Worrall and Steve Boxall all planned to race did they not? I very much doubt they were planning on admitting having drugs in their system if they hadn't failed a test.

I’m not playing dumb here, but did they actually turn up intoxicated? If they did, I’d ban them for life. Is that why they were selected for testing?

Being intoxicated and having traces of a substance in your system are two very different physical representations, but neither should be applicable to a Speedway rider.

• Like 1

you could have half a pint in your system doesn't mean your intoxicated. 

2 hours ago, DazS said:

you could have half a pint in your system doesn't mean your intoxicated. 

That’s what I mean; intoxicated is when you’re visibly drunk or under the influence of drugs.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 4:58 PM, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Wasn't Darcy Ward bladdered and replaced at a GP once? I know he was kicked out of the meeting but can't remember if there was further consequences tbh 

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Wasn't Darcy Ward bladdered and replaced at a GP once? I know he was kicked out of the meeting but can't remember if there was further consequences tbh 

Yes he picked up a ban, can't remember how long though 

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Yes he picked up a ban, can't remember how long though 

End of August for 10 months.

Test results must be at zero to gain a negative pass. I remember an Oxford rider some years ago raced at Oxford in the morning & was due to ride at Reading in the evening. He admitted to drinking a larger shandy before leaving Oxford but failed a test at Reading a few hours later.

It might be what is known as passive smoking that is the issue however as a professional sportsman you need to be aware & responsible for yourself & surroundings at all times.