British Speedway Forum
davieb1

Richie Worrall statement

:nono: Can anyone trust a rider who is blacklisted by bookmakers for match/scores fixing? 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Absolutely spot on, I've just had a quick look on socials this morning and the amount of people blaming everybody and anybody but Worrall is quite unbelievable. The SCB/BSPL may have their faults but this has absolutely nothing to do with them and they'll be running their drug testing using a 3rd party adhering to tried and tested methods that will stand up to legal scrutiny. The whole point of the test is that it's done without warning... he took a test the next day... he may as well take the test in a few weeks, his test may as well test a thousand different categories, unfortunately for him it means absolutely nothing.

That's true.  It is of course understandable that he'd try anything to help his case, as I would and until proper testing takes place no-one can know what substance was detected.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, noaksey said:

who would pay?

The rider?

19 minutes ago, noaksey said:

There's not mandatory testing in boxing either, Matchroom are currently considering it for their fighters/shows, apparently the costs are absolutely astronomical though albeit these are blood tests not just urine.

Mandatory testing is beyond the scope of speedway currently, who would pay?

This type of test is so cheap every rider could take one. It says it's 99% accurate, and tests for 10 drugs. The lab fee could be paid by the ride via a fine if proved guilty in the lab test. Before i get shot down, i don't know anything about drug testing, but are these much different from the pee test ones they use at meetings?

Professional workplace nhs DRUG TESTING KITS 7, 10 & 11 DRUG TEST CUP KITS | eBay

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Absolutely spot on, I've just had a quick look on socials this morning and the amount of people blaming everybody and anybody but Worrall is quite unbelievable. The SCB/BSPL may have their faults but this has absolutely nothing to do with them and they'll be running their drug testing using a 3rd party adhering to tried and tested methods that will stand up to legal scrutiny. The whole point of the test is that it's done without warning... he took a test the next day... he may as well take the test in a few weeks, his test may as well test a thousand different categories, unfortunately for him it means absolutely nothing.

Speedway supporters fawn over riders unfortunately, half the reason why they think its run for them and not the fans/clubs.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

This type of test is so cheap every rider could take one. It says it's 99% accurate, and tests for 10 drugs. The lab fee could be paid by the ride via a fine if proved guilty in the lab test. Before i get shot down, i don't know anything about drug testing, but are these much different from the pee test ones they use at meetings?

Professional workplace nhs DRUG TESTING KITS 7, 10 & 11 DRUG TEST CUP KITS | eBay

So someone from the testing agency has to be at every single meeting staged, then how do you ensure that 14 riders do their sample without outside influence/tampering? Presumably they need to be held in a zone until all tests are completed etc given speedways facilities I'd imagine that's going to be very difficult.

If Ritchie Worrall is protesting his innocence,  does that make Steve Boxall guilty for saying nothing .

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Well if you’re fully aware you wouldn’t have just made that post as it makes no sense and is pointless. People can scream “I’m innocent” all they like and take as many different tests as they like, it matters not! If the “B” sample comes back negative then he’ll have all the clearance and evidence he needs to clear his name and crack on racing. Let’s hope that’s the case. 

Absolutely, Worralls private test isn't in question as I am sure it showed whatever Worrall claims it showed, however its the Plymouth test where the issue is and the one that sees Worrall`s license currently suspended, if Worrall can provide evidence to show the test was faulty, or the test is just plain wrong then fine.

• Like 2

Just for clarification purposes if nothing else ....

My understanding when Nick Morris got banned he took an initial test on the night which came back non-negative and then refused to take a second test??

Richie Worrall suffered a non-negative test on the night at Plymouth and was then refused a second test on the night if he is to be believed?

So exactly what is the protocol?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, noaksey said:

So someone from the testing agency has to be at every single meeting staged, then how do you ensure that 14 riders do their sample without outside influence/tampering? Presumably they need to be held in a zone until all tests are completed etc given speedways facilities I'd imagine that's going to be very difficult.

There used to have to be a track doctor at every meeting. I don't know if there still is. Or maybe the home club pays for one for 2 hours a meeting to do/ over see the tests. I dunno, like i say  i ain't got a clue about drug testing. :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

There used to have to be a track doctor at every meeting. I don't know if there still is. Or maybe the home club pays for one for 2 hours a meeting to do/ over see the tests the tests. I dunno, like i say  i ain't got a clue about drug testing. :)

Anti doping is carried out by a 3rd party agency, you don't get the track Doctor or Neil Vatcher with a chemistry kit that's why it's expensive 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, iainb said:

That's because that is the procedure... no matter how much he dislikes it. He could have p1ssed out any contaminants in his first test, that's the point of having a single test, he could be continuously p1ssing into a bottle until midnight, that is not the procedure and for very good reason

No "substance" capable of being detected in a random drugs test can be totally  p**s out " (as you put it) overnight  just by continuously drinking water. this is because  the substance is also carried in the blood which is cleared via the normal kidney function. Differing substances take different length's of time to clear based on their type, strength and whether taken orally or intravenously.   
The exception to this scenario are psychedelic drugs which are extremely difficult to if not impossible to detect. However, conversely  they are not included in instant drug tests. 

25 minutes ago, Robbee said:

Just for clarification purposes if nothing else ....

My understanding when Nick Morris got banned he took an initial test on the night which came back non-negative and then refused to take a second test??

Richie Worrall suffered a non-negative test on the night at Plymouth and was then refused a second test on the night if he is to be believed?

So exactly what is the protocol?

A very good observation and worthy question.
The difference lies between the two originally submitted samples.
One was rejected because the fluid did not conform to normal urine composition and thus a further sample was requested which was refused by the rider in question.
In the other instance, the official was happy with the sample provided and so didn't require anything further.  

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

No "substance" capable of being detected in a random drugs test can be totally  p**s out " (as you put it) overnight  just by continuously drinking water. this is because  the substance is also carried in the blood which is cleared via the normal kidney function. Differing substances take different length's of time to clear based on their type, strength and whether taken orally or intravenously.   
The exception to this scenario are psychedelic drugs which are extremely difficult to if not impossible to detect. However, conversely  they are not included in instant drug tests. 

There will come a point where any detectable trace is finally expelled from the body though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

There will come a point where any detectable trace is finally expelled from the body though

Absolutely. However,  it is worth considering that if SW managed to completely flush out his system in the time between the two tests, then more than likely, what was detected on Tuesday would have been residual from something substantial in his system when he rode at Wolverhampton the previous evening. 

• Like 1