British Speedway Forum
Biffa

Redcar v Glasgow 10th September

7 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Charles crashed in Poland according to the updates.

He did.

Looked really nasty, straightened up off a back wheel and went right into the fence.

3 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Best wishes to Wright.

I’ve just read on Twitter/X that he left the track in an ambulance, but hopefully it’s precautionary.

Can't imagine it is, was horrific sadly.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

Can't imagine it is, was horrific sadly.

Wroclaw boss said broken collarbone and a hip injury..not confirmed yet.

• Sad 1

Well done to the Tigers for finishing with an away win. With 2 ex tigers in the team it was never in doubt - once a tiger always a tiger! Also best wishes to Charles Wright.

• Like 1

VT signing for Glasgow will really upset the applecart in its own right.

Side benefit clearly will be Brennan riding at 2 (or 4 presumably) and clearing up a lot of pressure on the lad which he hasn't always handled well.

One of those anomolies where he'll ride like a second string as a Heat Leader but ride like a Heat Leader as a second string - often its in the head but can be crucial.

Maybe it's time to change air fence design, so that when viewed from above each panel is a parallelogram with 45 degree angles at each end. Fence then would slot together and the joint pointing in opposite direction to that of potential impact.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HGould said:

VT signing for Glasgow will really upset the applecart in its own right.

Side benefit clearly will be Brennan riding at 2 (or 4 presumably) and clearing up a lot of pressure on the lad which he hasn't always handled well.

One of those anomalies where he'll ride like a second string as a Heat Leader but ride like a Heat Leader as a second string - often its in the head but can be crucial.

Sensible points being made by you, makes me wonder why Glasgow's team manager didn't realise too & move Brennan away from number 5 earlier?

Edited by szkocjasid

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Sensible points being made by you, makes me wonder why Glasgow's team manager didn't realise too & move Brennan away from number 5 earlier?

Because the Danes work well as a pair 

43 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Because the Danes work well as a pair 

I know they do, but any extra points they gain are getting lost by Brennan at 5 (no longer a problem).

I honestly believe Basso would score the same at 3 or 5, but Brennan would score extra at 3.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I know they do, but any extra points they gain are getting lost by Brennan at 5 (no longer a problem).

I honestly believe Basso would score the same at 3 or 5, but Brennan would score extra at 3.

They did match him with Claus and it wasn't too successful, in two now with RR he's going to be bagging the points.