British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Scunthorpe 13th September 2023 Champ playoffs 1st leg

27 minutes ago, lewy said:

Very predictable reply. He certainly enjoyed himself this season scoring well and also made some favourable compliments about the track surface and prep. Maybe it wasn't the track it was just the club as a whole he didn't like. :t:

Most riders seem to score well at Plymouth this season!

59 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Most riders seem to score well at Plymouth this season!

Good track that's why, and a poor team :blush:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lewy said:

Good track that's why, and a poor team :blush:

It didn't start off that way. I thought their team building was good - Howarth, Richie, Barker, Gilkes and Starke were a decent 1-5 but i believe they brought in Ben Trigger far too soon and Jake Turner turned out to be a dreadful acquisition. Starke was not committed to the cause, injuries hit Barker and Dan and too much was placed upon Kyle's shoulders. Just really tough luck at the end of the day but i thought Pearson was a good late signing for the Gladiators going into next season. 

13 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

It didn't start off that way. I thought their team building was good - Howarth, Richie, Barker, Gilkes and Starke were a decent 1-5 but i believe they brought in Ben Trigger far too soon and Jake Turner turned out to be a dreadful acquisition. Starke was not committed to the cause, injuries hit Barker and Dan and too much was placed upon Kyle's shoulders. Just really tough luck at the end of the day but i thought Pearson was a good late signing for the Gladiators going into next season. 

Totally agree, injuries, bad luck and a joke of a fixture list didn't help, but team just didn't click or get any momentum. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lewy said:

Totally agree, injuries, bad luck and a joke of a fixture list didn't help, but team just didn't click or get any momentum. 

Not sure what any of this has got to do with Poole v Scunthorpe, but there again it is Lewy!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure what any of this has got to do with Poole v Scunthorpe, but there again it is Lewy!!!

Not sure what it's got to do with you,however it was a Poole fan that brought Plymouth up on this thread,back in your box now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Think you'll find the first mention of Plymouth was by Mike then you and then me. Mentioning Zach being in the Poole team next year does seem to set it off though, so my bad. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, lewy said:

Not sure what it's got to do with you,however it was a Poole fan that brought Plymouth up on this thread,back in your box now.

It's a Poole thread so it is my box! What's your excuse?

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It's a Poole thread so it is my box! What's your excuse?

I'm a scunthorpe fan now:drink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, lewy said:

I'm a scunthorpe fan now:drink:

I think there's an awful lot of those around at the moment :D:wink:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2023 at 11:50 AM, lisa-colette said:

Pull what back? Last time I looked it was level ;)

Are you saying that you're still the favourites to go through ?

28 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Are you saying that you're still the favourites to go through ?

No, Scunny are at home so they are favourites. What I am saying is there is nothing to pull back as of right now it is 45-45 going for the BP on Friday. 

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No, Scunny are at home so they are favourites. What I am saying is there is nothing to pull back as of right now it is 45-45 going for the BP on Friday. 

Ok...so you're being 'literal' :D

My reference to 'pull back' (easy tiger...) is from a view point that I think that Poole will be back as favourites after their trip to BP!

So, it's more of a performance 'pull-back', as opposed to the score-line one!

Apologies for the lack of clarity.....