British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Glasgow - Play Offs - 13 Sept

35 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Back to the meeting... I think we'll need to score 40 minimum tonight to give ourselves a chance of the bonus. Given the tightness of the teams one away win could swing the whole group so al teams be very tough at home I'd think..

I think Redcar will be severely weakened by Charles Wright's absence and given the limited choice of guests may drop points. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wtf said:

If I were Glasgow, I'd be concerned at reserve. I think Jack Smith is a poor choice at a track where you need to turn hard. He's shown in the past, that he struggles and dislikes small tight tracks. Lets hope for Glasgow's sake that choice doesn't come back to bite them.

What's the alternative? Trigger not good enough imo and hagon and Coles injured of the non play off sides. Could maybe gone Perry or Jody Scott but let's face it they'd score about the same as Smith is likely to... 0

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What's the alternative? Trigger not good enough imo and hagon and Coles injured of the non play off sides. Could maybe gone Perry or Jody Scott but let's face it they'd score about the same as Smith is likely to... 0

You may be right, the choices you list aren't great. I might have been tempted by Perry, who recently won a race on merit round Oxford in the Championship Pairs? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barabas said:

Is heeps out for Oxford...same situation ie injury ???... who's daft 

On last times evidence vissing was worse than useless so Glasgow using rr is a gd move  irrespective 

Well we've had the qualifying tournament , now the real stuff begins . Got a feeling that bonus points are going to be crucial in our group . So I hope we can go to Oxford tonight and at least keep it close .

22 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Didn’t even know the mini league was a thing.:blink:

Same as I didn't know taccy subs weren't allowed in the NDL . Anyway good luck to Bomber , Ben , Loophole Lenin and the rest of the lads tonight 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

If Smith scores more than zero it will probably mean an Oxford rider broke down!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Same as I didn't know taccy subs weren't allowed in the NDL . Anyway good luck to Bomber , Ben , Loophole Lenin and the rest of the lads tonight 

Loophole Lenin lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tim G said:

Heeps scores are pretty good at home so Oxford would be weaker using r/r. Hasn’t he already scored paid 13 at Cowley against Glasgow this season.

Vissing missing for Glasgow strengthens them.

Heeps isn't out but he seemed to score well at reserve but no so good at number 2 which is understandable.

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Heeps isn't out but he seemed to score well at reserve but no so good at number 2 which is understandable.

Only 3 seasons ago he had a near 7 pt average in the top flight with Ipswich. 

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Only 3 seasons ago he had a near 7 pt average in the top flight with Ipswich. 

Yes he was a very good rider but not so good now but can still do a decent job for Oxford.

• Like 1

So have Oxford got one over Glasgow psychologically already by initially saying they would be using Killeen as No 8 thus making Glasgow have to book someone else at reserve? 

I just hope if that was the case Luke has been compensated by Oxford as they have really messed the poor lad about this season. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Tim G said:

No, because I agree with you on that. But this match is at Oxford and Vissing missing is a positive for Glasgow.

Do you think Vissing would score more than rider replacement?

I know what u mean but we only have 2 riders capable of scoring at rr vadim & tom so it puts pressure on them to score as lee & Jack will struggle to get points , but I know point ur making as claus last visit obviously got 1 point ..so in theory I do think we can get 4 or 5 from rr ...this is gonna be tight over 2 legs the bonus points will decide in this group ..if tigers had one strong reserve they could win title sadly we don't its our achilles heel ,  I don't know situation with claus as he's probably needed at home meetings don't know how that's gonna go tbh as rr is risky if a rider gets injured 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

So have Oxford got one over Glasgow psychologically already by initially saying they would be using Killeen as No 8 thus making Glasgow have to book someone else at reserve? 

I just hope if that was the case Luke has been compensated by Oxford as they have really messed the poor lad about this season. 

And people think glasgow are crafty & Poole for that matter , its simple every team will try everything in the book to get an advantage now ..Oxford are no different that's why when everyone has a go at glasgow & money blah blah its nonsense ...all clubs are crafty when it suits & it's not all about money 

• Like 1