British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Glasgow - Play Offs - 13 Sept

As an Oxford supporter, even though this is our second season back. Tom Brennan must have ridden here in 8 or 9 meetings and not pulled up any trees in any of them.

Maybe it's just a bogey track for him, lots of riders have them.

Does Martin Dugard still assist him ?

• Like 1

I think if Michael Max wanted to be Glasgow Tigers’ manager, he’d occupy the role now.

He’s one of the club’s promoters, so I’m assuming Cami Brown will directly or indirectly report to Max and/or the other promoters on behalf of the Facennas.

• Haha 1

Another cracking meeting. Crowd was decent in the end (a lot of people must have left it late to get in), and they weren’t disappointed. Heats 13 and 15 have been big advantages for Oxford all season at Sandy Lane, and it proved to be the case again. But is a 10-point lead enough? My heart says yes, but my head says no. 

5 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Another cracking meeting. Crowd was decent in the end (a lot of people must have left it late to get in), and they weren’t disappointed. Heats 13 and 15 have been big advantages for Oxford all season at Sandy Lane, and it proved to be the case again. But is a 10-point lead enough? My heart says yes, but my head says no. 

For what? It's a mini-league situation, so it might boil down to how the other matches go against the other team in the group.

4 minutes ago, StevePark said:

For what? It's a mini-league situation, so it might boil down to how the other matches go against the other team in the group.

Enough to take the bonus point of course, which could be crucial. Given the likely outcome of the other matches (you would expect both teams to beat a Charles Wright-less Redcar at home), it’s going to come down to the Redcar away matches and the battle for the bonus points. 

Thoroughly enjoyed tonight's meeting. I expected it to be closer and considering there were only 2 points in it at one stage it's a good margin for Oxford to take and compete for the bonus at Glasgow. Vissing R/R got 5 which is about right so you have to look at the reserves and Brennan although having said that he did have to work hard for the points he scored! 

On a more serious note hope whoever had the medical issue in the pits is ok! 

6 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Yip scrap play-offs and run individuals over 20hts with no second chance semi-finals and finals. 

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

....and watch even more clubs going to the wall, even sooner?

You can never know for sure, but it's possible fans pick & choose their matches throughout the season because they know play-offs decide the title. Get rid of play-offs & every league match becomes more vital.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bojangles said:

10 points is not the safest margin. however it could prove to be a little easier for Oxford regards the use of any tactical changes. Glasgow used Harris as soon as it was possible but Oxford can afford to be 12/14 behind & use it to its best advantage. It will be a very tense affair at Glasgow I'm sure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technik said:

10 points is not the safest margin. however it could prove to be a little easier for Oxford regards the use of any tactical changes. Glasgow used Harris as soon as it was possible but Oxford can afford to be 12/14 behind & use it to its best advantage. It will be a very tense affair at Glasgow I'm sure

If it's as good as last week's meeting between the two sides , then we could be in for another classic 

11 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

ther gentleman whose name I missed.

Glasgow have to be bitterly disaThanks for this Lisa. I thought I’d miss the meeting as I was driving, but enjoyed listening to this. Decent coverage from a guy called Leon Foster, I think, and anoppointed by the manner in which the meeting unfolded after the mid-meeting break. They collapsed.

I wonder how accountable Tom Brennan and to a lesser extent, Lee Complin will be held by Cami Brown. Three points each - 6 out of a possible 33 - across eleven rides is unacceptable. On such an important occasion, your captain can’t be out-scored by every opponent, including their reserves. The impact of replacing Nowak with Tarasenko is nullified by that sort of performance.

Oxford sounded efficient and based on their individual scores, looked impressive. Consistent throughout. That’s a very, very good win for them.

Do keep up, Tom isn't the captain, it's Harris.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

”Do keep up”. What an obnoxious way to start an interaction.

What should I keep up with? Glasgow’s own website states that Brennan is the captain, so if that isn’t accurate, then I’m afraid your loathsome attitude is directed at the wrong person.

48-CE92-EF-6-AF9-4-CFA-ACA5-970603-F8-A7

33 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Someone better tell the BSPL, then May be an image of 2 people, motorcycle and text that says 'Cab Direct CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY OFF GROUP B QメSカR CHEETAHS BAUGLA ALLIED EN17 Tigers ര SPE CHRIS HARRIS LINE-UPS TE -UPS 7 13.09.23 SAM MASTERS CAMERON HEEPS 2 LEWIS KERR 3 BENJAMIN BASSO CLAUS VISSING မ DHealth FourSeasong JORDAN JENKINS SCOTT NICHOLLS TOM BRENNAN (C) 5 VADIM TARASENKO ASHTON BOUGHEN 6 LEE COMPLIN HENRY ATKINS JACK SMITH (G) OXFORD STADIUM 7.30PM Fabri EBRITISH @SpeedwayGB Speedway @officialbritishspeedway'

• Like 2

There's a few folk on Cami should try to sign next year. They make better (or should that be bitter?) attempts at point scoring than some riders

• Like 2