British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Glasgow - Play Offs - 13 Sept

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

So have Oxford got one over Glasgow psychologically already by initially saying they would be using Killeen as No 8 thus making Glasgow have to book someone else at reserve? 

I just hope if that was the case Luke has been compensated by Oxford as they have really messed the poor lad about this season. 

Oxford signing Boughen and dropping Killeen was amicable by both parties. Killeen understood the move, especially considering his lack of time on the bike this season. He's part of Oxford's long-term plans, he's gaining experience with the Chargers (and guest bookings) and is expected to be named in the side next year. Not sure why some people are pushing a 'Killeen is upset' narrative, when it's simply not true. He has no desire to race against Oxford.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Heeps isn't out but he seemed to score well at reserve but no so good at number 2 which is understandable.

Cameron Heeps has scored very well at home at number 2 all season, it's away from home he's really struggled in that position. His scores at number 2 at Sandy Lane have been superb:

vs Poole: 8+1
vs Edinburgh: 10+1
vs Redcar: 7
vs Plymouth: 9+1
vs Poole: 7
vs Birmingham: 9+1
vs Scunthorpe: 3

• Like 1

Cami playing another blinder on the websites preview. "It's our best chance of winning if we can all stay fit". We've 2 riders currently injured cami lol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Barabas said:

I know what u mean but we only have 2 riders capable of scoring at rr vadim & tom so it puts pressure on them to score as lee & Jack will struggle to get points , but I know point ur making as claus last visit obviously got 1 point ..so in theory I do think we can get 4 or 5 from rr ...this is gonna be tight over 2 legs the bonus points will decide in this group ..if tigers had one strong reserve they could win title sadly we don't its our achilles heel ,  I don't know situation with claus as he's probably needed at home meetings don't know how that's gonna go tbh as rr is risky if a rider gets injured 

The reserves have been Glasgow's a chillies heel for years and sadly lessons have never been learned. 

I can understand them trying to protect Pjiper as an asset for seasons to come but in the past (with the exception of Bewley who was already  BV asset) they have tried young 'prospects' that haven't been up to it and haemoraged points at home never mind away. 

A rethink for next season I hope although league setups may be totally different. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Cami playing another blinder on the websites preview. "It's our best chance of winning if we can all stay fit". We've 2 riders currently injured cami lol

Cami just counts the riders before the meeting,probably couldn’t name them.There’s only 6 tonight so  could be bit of a head scratcher for him.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

The reserves have been Glasgow's a chillies heel for years and sadly lessons have never been learned. 

I can understand them trying to protect Pjiper as an asset for seasons to come but in the past (with the exception of Bewley who was already  BV asset) they have tried young 'prospects' that haven't been up to it and haemoraged points at home never mind away. 

A rethink for next season I hope although league setups may be totally different. 

Have you forgotten about Conner Bailey already?

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Cami just counts the riders before the meeting,probably couldn’t name them.There’s only 6 tonight so hold be bit of a head scratcher for him.

Yeah when in this meeting it would make sense to name a no 8. 

1 minute ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Have you forgotten about Conner Bailey already?

No. I'd still have had him but seemingly the manager put all hopes of that to bed last year in the final at Poole. 

Got a habit of getting shot of the wrong guys. 

Just now, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Is this available to watch anywhere other than live in Cowley?

No, sadly not. Oxford don't stream matches, and it's not on BSN.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Can’t have received there sick notes yet so he must assume they are at it.

Seriously though you wonder what planet he is on at times.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Can’t have received there sick notes yet so he must assume they are at it.

Seriously though you wonder what planet he is in at times.

It's a version of AI - Absent Intelligence!