British Speedway Forum
Berry9

Vadim Tarasenko

I know sport and politics should not be mixed but as an I am appalled that Glasgow have signed  Russian rider.  As far as I am concerned every point  he and his uncle take is stained with Ukrainian blood.  Shame on the BSPL for sanctioning it.

• Haha 9

Aye they've all publicly denounced the war and taken on polish licenses but you're right..hang them all :icon_smile_clown:

16 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

I know sport and politics should not be mixed but as an I am appalled that Glasgow have signed  Russian rider.  As far as I am concerned every point  he and his uncle take is stained with Ukrainian blood.  Shame on the BSPL for sanctioning it.

I’m appalled it took you so long to be appalled.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I’m appalled it took you so long to be appalled.

I thought someone else might of brought it up.  I have now put my tin hat on

Not sure having a go at Tarasenko because he is Russian is a fair way to attack him. What about Artem Laguta and Saifudinov? Have you had a go at them?

If you had said you were appalled that Glasgow had signed a Russian rider because he came in a ludicrous 5 average, it would have held more water. Not that you could blame Glasgow for that. Just some imbecile in the BSPA thinking a 5 average in the Premier League, converts to a 5 average in the Championship. Wrecks this years Championship competition but hey ho, lesson learned from the Premier League last year with Robert Lambert at BV? Nope.

As for national Service in Ukraine, I don’t think that’s happened. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

I thought someone else might of brought it up.  I have now put my tin hat on

Seriously though you are entitled to your opinion the same as everyone.

I might not agree with  but it is what it is.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

I'm appalled that the British Government, more factually the Conservative Party have received tens of millions in Russian bung money directly from Putin and his cronies. 

Worse still enobled an oligarch son of an ex KGB Official. 

As for Vlad, Emil and Artem, let us enjoy them while we can. They have done nothing wrong

• Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 2:54 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Ridiculous that Tarasenko has the same 5 average in both Premier and Championship. There’s really no doubt whatsoever that Glasgow with this signing will win the Championship this season.

They won’t need decent reserves as the top 5 will be overpowering. It’s a signing similar to Lambert coming into BV last season to win the playoffs for them. But if it is within the rules, then so be it.

On 8/24/2023 at 4:24 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

I have an issue with the rule, as it’s quite frankly ridiculous. I don’t have an issue with Glasgow trying to exploit the rule. How can a 5 point PL rider be a 5 point Championship rider? It’s a nonsense and will end this years league championship.

On 9/8/2023 at 10:24 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t blame Glasgow for the team change but it’s a bit ludicrous that a Polish Extraleague heat leader can come into the PL on a 5, and also the Championship on the same 5 average. I would put money on this loophole being sealed during the winter. He is a cut above just about every rider in the league and showed last night what he is capable of in the Premier league. No other rider in the Championship is at his level.

The change is fair under the rules so no gripes from me, and it makes Glasgow a powerhouse of a team which should demolish every other team in the playoffs, including Poole and Oxford. Would take a monumental effort from any team to turn them over over 2 legs.

On 9/8/2023 at 9:23 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Because the rule was badly written. Common sense would have said 7.5 for Championship but it didn’t. Next Season Poole could sign Zmarzlik and Dudek on 5 averages. But guarantee the rule will be changed this winter. Howling error in the rule book.

On 9/8/2023 at 9:37 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Unfortunately signings like this make a mockery of the whole league, like Lambert coming in last year for BV for the PL playoffs. Not Glasgows fault, just exploiting the crap rulebook.

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If you had said you were appalled that Glasgow had signed a Russian rider because he came in a ludicrous 5 average, it would have held more water. Not that you could blame Glasgow for that. Just some imbecile in the BSPA thinking a 5 average in the Premier League, converts to a 5 average in the Championship. Wrecks this years Championship competition but hey ho, lesson learned from the Premier League last year with Robert Lambert at BV? Nope.

You're like a broken record.... you're definitely not jealous, right?

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I would have no problem with Russians riding in the UK if they publicly denounce The Russian Federation and its despot leader but they haven't, meanwhile their compatriots are targeting markets with cruise missiles killing and maiming babies.  No Russians should be allowed to participate in sports outside of Russia until the barbaric acts end.  I don't care that Glasgow took advantage of a loophole to sign a rider but I am bothered that the governing  body of any sport is so out of sync with public opinion 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Not jealous at all. But what I like, as do nearly all speedway fans, is an even playing field. Last years debacle in the PL when Lambert came in for BV killed the competition stone dead. The same has now happened in the Championship but this time it’s because of a ridiculous rule which allows it. What rule maker in their right mind thought, “Tarasenko can come into the PL on a 5, and for good measure he can come into the Championship on the same assessed average”. 

Yes Poole could have done this. “Sorry Kyle but we are replacing you with a guy that’s hardly going to drop a point. Hope you find some work”. Not the right thing to do and glad the Fords didn’t consider it. Last season we kept the same seven riders and this year we have done the same, except for Adam Roynon getting injured.

1 hour ago, Berry9 said:

Oh look everyone, its Mr Over reaction.:blink:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

I would have no problem with Russians riding in the UK if they publicly denounce The Russian Federation and its despot leader but they haven't, meanwhile their compatriots are targeting markets with cruise missiles killing and maiming babies.  No Russians should be allowed to participate in sports outside of Russia until the barbaric acts end.  I don't care that Glasgow took advantage of a loophole to sign a rider but I am bothered that the governing  body of any sport is so out of sync with public opinion 

But you singled out Glasgow for criticism, not the governing body? That’s the main reason you’re getting criticised for your post.