British Speedway Forum
Berry9

Vadim Tarasenko

2 hours ago, Berry9 said:

I know sport and politics should not be mixed but as an I am appalled that Glasgow have signed  Russian rider.  As far as I am concerned every point  he and his uncle take is stained with Ukrainian blood.  Shame on the BSPL for sanctioning it.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/other-sport/the-russian-rider-signed-by-peterborough-panthers-and-his-passionate-anti-war-message-4181778

Still want to carry on your nonsense stance?

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not jealous at all. But what I like, as do nearly all speedway fans, is an even playing field. Last years debacle in the PL when Lambert came in for BV killed the competition stone dead. The same has now happened in the Championship but this time it’s because of a ridiculous rule which allows it. What rule maker in their right mind thought, “Tarasenko can come into the PL on a 5, and for good measure he can come into the Championship on the same assessed average”. 

Yes Poole could have done this. “Sorry Kyle but we are replacing you with a guy that’s hardly going to drop a point. Hope you find some work”. Not the right thing to do and glad the Fords didn’t consider it. Last season we kept the same seven riders and this year we have done the same, except for Adam Roynon getting injured.

He replaced a rider that had left the club not one we sacked .

I love the meltdown on this signing, even if it was another club it would still have been hilarious how much of a strop some are having over this signing, especially you.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Doesn’t suit the narrative just light a Cigar sit back crack a can and enjoy the meltdown.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

He replaced a rider that had left the club not one we sacked .

I love the meltdown on this signing, even if it was another club it would still have been hilarious how much of a strop some are having over this signing, especially you.

Not forgetting we wanted the pole first who was half way to Plymouth on the Tuesday. Doesn't suit the narrative though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes Poole could have done this. “Sorry Kyle but we are replacing you with a guy that’s hardly going to drop a point. Hope you find some work”.

No-one wanted shot of Marcin, apart from perhaps rabbitman.

Marcin chose to leave, possibly under a some pressure from his Polish club, but most definitely not because we wanted him gone. We were very happy with him. He was the best #2 in the league.

2 hours ago, Berry9 said:

I thought someone else might of brought it up.  I have now put my tin hat on

You were not really that interested then.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not jealous at all. But what I like, as do nearly all speedway fans, is an even playing field. Last years debacle in the PL when Lambert came in for BV killed the competition stone dead. The same has now happened in the Championship but this time it’s because of a ridiculous rule which allows it. What rule maker in their right mind thought, “Tarasenko can come into the PL on a 5, and for good measure he can come into the Championship on the same assessed average”. 

Yes Poole could have done this. “Sorry Kyle but we are replacing you with a guy that’s hardly going to drop a point. Hope you find some work”. Not the right thing to do and glad the Fords didn’t consider it. Last season we kept the same seven riders and this year we have done the same, except for Adam Roynon getting injured.

You do realise why Poole have not made changes in the last couple of seasons - because they've had successful teams, not because they're taking a moral stance. Glasgow have actually don't the exact same thing as Poole, replaced one rider in two seasons due to injury (Roynon) or unavailability (Nowak).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Where in that statement does he denounce Russia and Putin?  Its a carefully drafted statement of convenience that's all.  I am not blaming sportsmen for Russias invasion but surely a blanket ban on anything Russian sends the right message and letting someone in through the back door is not playing ball

11 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Where in that statement does he denounce Russia and Putin?  Its a carefully drafted statement of convenience that's all.  I am not blaming sportsmen for Russias invasion but surely a blanket ban on anything Russian sends the right message and letting someone in through the back door is not playing ball

Yawn...

• Like 2

Not so much as question about Tarasenko, but while watching the Cardiff GP, I noticed there was no flag/colours against Saifudinov. Can anyone shed any light on as to why?

Edited by ruffdiamond

24 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Obviously a pacifist

Read some history you pillock and not the Daily Mail. 

The 3 Russians riding in UK have no affiliation to Putin, have taken Polish licences and deserve to be welcomed here. 

Not everyone in taken in by the puppet in Kyiv. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Berry9 said:

I understand and agree with your position to an extent however we've got to be realistic here. If you were Russian would you come out publicly and denounce a despot who thinks nothing of bumping off dissenters? Not sure i would. His statement is as clear as he can probably safely (for him and his family) be. He has strong links to Poland so there's no reason he shouldn't race on a Polish licence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not so much as question about Tarasenko, but while watching the Cardiff GP, I noticed there was no flag/colours against Saifudinov. Can anyone shed any light on as to why?

Emil was riding at Cardiff? 

• Haha 1