British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

3 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Could be damp later today...

Could be, but if look at map it’s so borderline, all takes is wind direction to change slightly.

Depends on your forecast, mine shows only 0.2/0.3mm of rain for the rest of today, that's very little. 

4 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Anyone remember the 2022 British Final when it pi$$ed it down?  Chris Harris was on 3, 3, 2 and wasn't happy when the meeting was abandoned, Danny King was on 3, 3, 1 (before anyone says anything I know Bewley was on 8 as well).  Lets hope Chris can repeat that performance tonight if meeting goes ahead.  I'm staying optimistic as I hope all other Witches fans will be.

Harris is  no where near Doyles class  if he scores 5 or 6 you will be very lucky 

3 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Meeting Postponed - Rearranged next Monday 25th

Least it gives Doyle the chance of riding in both legs if he's fit enough to ride in the now first leg Thursday.

Yep it’s OFF

6 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Meeting Postponed - Rearranged next Monday 25th

Yes good news , i wouldnt think Belle Vue would want to face a weakened team 

11 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Least it gives Doyle the chance of riding in both legs if he's fit enough to ride in the now first leg Thursday.

Pull a fast one and sabotage the track if he's not fit.

It's not like the higher ups would do anything about it because they can't pish promoters off these days because they rely too heavily on them to keep the sport running therefore they've got to keep them sweet.

Fingers crossed Doyley is fit for Thursday.

Postponement is the right call, weather from 6pm looks horrendous.  We don't need poor tracks in the play offs it won't do the sport any good.  This also favours both teams, chances we see Norrick and JD back next week and the last thing the Aces wanted was a heat 10 call off.  

Edited by SUPERACE
  • Like 1

Just baffling how in a 7 team league we’re gonna be scrabbling around trying to arrange play off fixtures in what will be very nearly winter.

Just now, JoeW436 said:

Just baffling how in a 7 team league we’re gonna be scrabbling around trying to arrange play off fixtures in what will be very nearly winter.

It's the same every year tho, teams will be faffing about mid October trying to fit a play off final in no doubt.

6 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Meetings are called off too easily in the earlier parts of the season with seemingly 'plenty of time' to fit them in. I like a meeting on an iffy track, always proves interesting, definitely upping the skill level required.

• Like 4