British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Meetings are called off too easily in the earlier parts of the season with seemingly 'plenty of time' to fit them in. I like a meeting on an iffy track, always proves interesting, definitely upping the skill level required.

A meeting on an “iffy” track is usually good, evens the playing field a bit aswell sometimes 

41 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Ipswich should be on the phone to Artem Laguta.

Your jokes do make me laugh, great sense of humour 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

A meeting on an “iffy” track is usually good, evens the playing field a bit aswell sometimes 

No there not we went proper racing, close scores don't mean great meetings, you won't grow the sport like that.  

35 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Just baffling how in a 7 team league we’re gonna be scrabbling around trying to arrange play off fixtures in what will be very nearly winter.

To be fair it's only mid September, it's just unlucky.   August was a shocking month for rain.

27 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

No there not we went proper racing, close scores don't mean great meetings, you won't grow the sport like that.  

There was plenty of 'proper racing' in the British Final this year, despite the track being more difficult to ride than usual.  Sadly, the sport has been in decline since the early 80s and increasing its popularity is all about marketing and the total offer, the actual racing has little lasting impact in my view - F1 is so dull from a racing perspective but maintains a large following.

Edited by SPEEDY69

39 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Your jokes do make me laugh, great sense of humour 

I read that imagining Alan Partridge saying it....:D

• Haha 1

Lost count of how many times ipswich were meant to have the 2nd leg of something,, only for the first leg to be rained off,,, let's hope Thursday is a wash out,, or the rusty gate hinge breaks 

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Lost count of how many times ipswich were meant to have the 2nd leg of something,, only for the first leg to be rained off,,, let's hope Thursday is a wash out,, or the rusty gate hinge breaks 

It's not looking good Bruv... :blink: It's had some new oil on the pigeon sh*t..

old gate hinge is lubricating with oil from oiler 23275088 Stock Photo at  Vecteezy

Edited by Bald Bloke

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

It was Belle Vue choice to have 1st leg first, it was announced before Ipswich were known to be opponents.

Typically if they had chosen 2nd leg at home like usual, would have been fine at Ipswich tonight and Thursday looks fine in Manchester.