British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Interesting as it was definitely Joe Thompson down to ride yesterday. They want Jack for Belle Vue Monday, so is there yet another rule hidden somewhere that we have to use the same rising star for both meetings??

8 day rule.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Interesting as it was definitely Joe Thompson down to ride yesterday. They want Jack for Belle Vue Monday, so is there yet another rule hidden somewhere that we have to use the same rising star for both meetings??

8 day rule stopped Thompson 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

8 day rule stopped Thompson 

Another example of the poor regs

Within the sub sections that contain the 8 day rule is another that states the guest MUST be in current declared 1-7

In the RS section it states a RS guest MUST NOT be in a declared 1-7

Call it off now ;):P

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Another example of the poor regs

Within the sub sections that contain the 8 day rule is another that states the guest MUST be in current declared 1-7

In the RS section it states a RS guest MUST NOT be in a declared 1-7

Call it off now ;):P

Well its been raining since 5pm and will continue until the morning....Add this to the dodgy pit gate not allowing the track staff onto the track.. think thats the only option :blink:

As for the RS guest... Kings Lynn, Leicester and Peterborough have finished their seasons, so Louis should name one of Kemp, Rowe or Jenkins and see what happens..... if refused .. well they are in a declared 1-7 for the 8 day rule guest section...

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Could they set fire to the track? :D

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Emil been on fire most weeks....:t:

Hope he stays fit...

Box office..

B)

59 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Any weather reports? Is it still raining in Ipswich?

It's currently five minutes to midnight and it's absolutely tipping it down here.

• Like 1

Dry day apart from a chance of very light rain so should be fine. We didn't get much rain last night and all drying up now. 

Edited by SPEEDY69
Mistake

25 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Dry day apart from a chance of very light rain so should be fine. We didn't get much rain last night and all drying up now. 

Ok so hope for a good meeting.

7 hours ago, TB1 said:

It's currently five minutes to midnight and it's absolutely tipping it down here.

44 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Don't know where you are speedy but it shows the rain was very localised and depends whether the rain band hit the stadium 

Where I am (2ish miles away as crow flies) the rain was so heavy it woke me up and looking out it was monsoon like

If that hit the track I expect similar pictures to the May example

If so it will be significantly harder to resolve this time as it has been generally wetter and colder so underlying conditions not as condusive

No dry sunny and warm day to assist either

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Don't know where you are speedy but it shows the rain was very localised and depends whether the rain band hit the stadium 

Where I am (2ish miles away as crow flies) the rain was so heavy it woke me up and looking out it was monsoon like

If so it will be significantly harder to resolve this time as it has been generally wetter and colder so underlying conditions not as condusive

My daughter lives at Martlesham and she said it hammering down late evening into the early hours and that ain't silly far from the stadium, i'd prefer it was called off so Ipi have Doyle back for both legs rather then have to rely on Harris to  cover for Doyle.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'm right by Ipswich hospital.  Our guttering overflows if there is heavy rain and it didn't last night.  On my short drive at 6.30 this morning the roads were drying.  There really should be no problems with the meeting today, it's still quite warm - or is that a rodent I can whiff?  Forecast now show possible 1mm of rain this afternoon, which is really not a lot.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

My daughter lives at Martlesham and she said it hammering down late evening into the early hours and that ain't silly far from the stadium, i'd prefer it was called off so Ipi have Doyle back for both legs rather then have to rely on Harris to  cover for Doyle.

27 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I'm right by Ipswich hospital.  Our guttering overflows if there is heavy rain and it didn't last night.  On my short drive at 6.30 this morning the roads were drying.  There really should be no problems with the meeting today, it's still quite warm - or is that a rodent I can whiff?  Forecast now show possible 1mm of rain this afternoon, which is really not a lot.

Confirms how localised the rain can be

Speedy is the closest of us 3 but doesn't mean the track of the rain band didn't cross the stadium 

Not long to find out