British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think the "in the best interests" regulation needs to be invoked

Everywhere we went with Emil in tow meant the home track attracted an extra 100-200 on the gate

That's quite a big boost so to ensure the benefit continues he should be reassessed  to 8 ;):D

Completely agree. I think Doyle deserves to be reassessed at 8 also for his outstanding service to British Speedway. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think the "in the best interests" regulation needs to be invoked

Everywhere we went with Emil in tow meant the home track attracted an extra 100-200 on the gate

That's quite a big boost so to ensure the benefit continues he should be reassessed  to 8 ;):D

Finally someone talking sense on the forum hahahahah best idea of silly season yet!!!

• Like 1

Only a general feeling, but as others have said, I think the idea of the only switch being Brennan for Riss will likely be right. 
Personally I think King’s form at the end of the season is as good as he will get moving forward and he would likely benefit from a new challenge at Birmingham for example… if that were the case (and I’d be surprised if it was) then I’d go Emil, Doyle, 2 out of ‘Brennan, Jakobsen, Ellis’, then Rew, Wojdylo and either Dan T or Jason Edwards. 

15 hours ago, Baldyman said:

There is loads of options on the euro market,, just have to be arsed to look for them

Any idea whether now that he is a GP rider, Jan Kvech would be an 8.00 average ? 

Off topic but thanks go out to Richie Hawkins for turning up to the Save Peterborough Speedway protest today.

Hopefully Panthers fans will repay the compliment by cheering on Hawkins' Witches next season.

• Like 2

Slightly off topic but Jason Doyle has never been my most favourite rider as I have always considered him to be a bit arrogant and mardy, but having met him and listened to him speak at the speedway show today he came across as approachable, humerous and honest and a genuine nice guy.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hackney said:

Slightly off topic but Jason Doyle has never been my most favourite rider as I have always considered him to be a bit arrogant and mardy, but having met him and listened to him speak at the speedway show today he came across as approachable, humerous and honest and a genuine nice guy.

People can be two separate personalities inside and outside of work

I guess it can be the same with speedway riders during and not during speedway meetings...

1 hour ago, Hackney said:

I never had any opinion of him until Reading ran MSDL at Swindon in 2019, Jason made a point of finding the team managers and handing over a box of used parts to distribute amongst our riders. That makes him a decent bloke in my book!

• Like 3

Love Doyle's humour/sarcasm ever since in an interview he did after winning a gp he said it was good to have 3 Aussie's on the podium. One was Woffy lol

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

People can be two separate personalities inside and outside of work

I guess it can be the same with speedway riders during and not during speedway meetings...

Lets be clear most clubs would love a rider of Dolyes abilities and never give up attitude in their team - there are certain riders (like footballers) that wind you up a bit when they ride against your side but you'd have them in your team in a heartbeat!

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

Nikki P would be another and OTT on track but I think away from track a much nicer person