British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

Just had a look at other clubs and Wolves to me seem to have pitched it perfectly previously. Under 7 free, 7-12 £1 and 13-18 £6. That eliminates the issue of groups of teens walking in for free, under 7’s no charge as they’re not going to be attending without a paying adult, and a token quid for the 7-12’s. Sensible pricing. 

• Like 1

Are those group of teenagers that are getting a free night out really there for the speedway ? or are they there to go someone to be with their mates away from parents? They will happily pay the quid (as would the parents if truth be known)

Bigger issue is 16 and under is free. but then once the child gets to over 16 its £21 . thats why you rarely see many "students" at speedway. 

comparing season tickets Speedway is now more expensive than football in Ipswich... let that sink in :blink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Are those group of teenagers that are getting a free night out really there for the speedway ? or are they there to go someone to be with their mates away from parents? They will happily pay the quid (as would the parents if truth be known)

Bigger issue is 16 and under is free. but then once the child gets to over 16 its £21 . thats why you rarely see many "students" at speedway. 

comparing season tickets Speedway is now more expensive than football in Ipswich... let that sink in :blink:

That really surprises me...:o

It's an interesting debate. I absolute get the 'groups of mid teens' thing, as someone has pointed out they do need to be accompanied by an adult. Although in Lynn's case I suspect Buster isn't really bothered as long as they are buying his food and drink!

Yes it's only a pound but to flip it round why bother changing at all in that case? I think speedway needs to do all it possibly can to engage younger customers to safeguard it's future but the ticket price is only a small part of that. Its been discussed to death before but it needs to provide more than just 15 heats and some dodgy music as a night out IMO to attract new people and keep them coming.

4 hours ago, Aries said:

Couldn’t disagree more and surprised this has got a “like”. They should be charged more or at least change the age ranges for free entry. Toddlers and kids under 10 who attend with their parents fair enough, but I’ve seen groups of mid teens walk in at both Ipswich and Lynn and not have to pay a single penny. That can’t be right surely? Name another event whether that be football even lower league, cinema, or any other event you can think of, where 14 and 15 year old teenagers get in Scott free? An amateur bangers meeting will cost a child between 5 and 14 a tenna! And people think charging a quid at Speedway is out of order? Unbelievable. 

Charge OAP’s extra not kids… ridiculous decision  

10 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Charge OAP’s extra not kids… ridiculous decision  

The OAP's are the diehards. I'd be popping £30 admission for them 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The OAP's are the diehards. I'd be popping £30 admission for them 

True lol.

30 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Under 10’s free, up to 16 £5, 16-18 £10 would be what I would be looking at. No point having free until 16, as the 17 year olds just stop going when being charged adult prices.

Agree. They definitely need to look in to better pricing tiers for different age ranges rather than all or nothing (or practically nothing). The argument against is probably policing that at the turnstiles. 

Charge the oaps more,,, that's most of the crowd,, and its mostly them with all the spare cash. 

People like me that live alone that private rent have very little spare cash available once we have spent our money on essentials like booze, drugs and hookers

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Charge the oaps more,,, that's most of the crowd,, and its mostly them with all the spare cash. 

People like me that live alone that private rent have very little spare cash available once we have spent our money on essentials like booze, drugs and hookers

Best post of the year...:D

• Like 2

Looking at the fixture list, Witches seem to have just one home meeting in June and one in July. Sad really when it was once regular weekly racing. I guess that it is progress. Are they likely to use some of the free Thursdays for NDL meetings?

Two at then end of March, yet just one in July crazy.

Oxford running in both leagues now seems logical