British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Edinburgh Weds 27/09/23

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

NATS at Bournemouth confirm Sunak and Braverman Helicopter due to land 1pm Tuesday. 

Coming to measure Centre Green and Track for suitability to Dry Dock Biffy Stockholm for the winter

Biffy as in Cliro? Scotland's best export after the amber fire water! 

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

It says they were going to run it next Tuesday, but stadium not available, wonder why 

Seems strange they'd want to run it on a Tuesday rather than the normal Wednesday?

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

If we lose at Scunny on Friday that will affect the attendance more than the football imo. 

2 hours ago, Weeyin said:

Do Poole fans only support when winning?

I suppose, some fans may not be bothered attending a play-off match if you've already been knocked out of the competition?

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Seems strange they'd want to run it on a Tuesday rather than the normal Wednesday?

Clash with Bournemouth playing a cup match on the Wednesday and fans go to both so not strange at all.

If they are running it next Wednesday that’s bad news. AFCB are playing and I have tickets, as when booking there was no clash. I know quite a few that have tickets for the footy and now won’t be in attendance at Wimborne Road. A bad call to go up against Bournemouth. Fans have to buy tickets well in advance to get in. Hopefully common sense will come into play and a different date be chosen.

46 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I suppose, some fans may not be bothered attending a play-off match if you've already been knocked out of the competition?

Exactly. Although season coming to a close so people might just try and get as many meetings in as they can. 

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If they are running it next Wednesday that’s bad news. AFCB are playing and I have tickets, as when booking there was no clash. I know quite a few that have tickets for the footy and now won’t be in attendance at Wimborne Road. A bad call to go up against Bournemouth. Fans have to buy tickets well in advance to get in. Hopefully common sense will come into play and a different date be chosen.

Doubt it. If there was an alternative they would have taken it. Makes me think the cut off for the groups is end of Sept. 

Knew there must be a perk to supporting Southampton at some point. Looks like I have found it! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly. Although season coming to a close so people might just try and get as many meetings in as they can. 

Doubt it. If there was an alternative they would have taken it. Makes me think the cut off for the groups is end of Sept. 

Knew there must be a perk to supporting Southampton at some point. Looks like I have found it! 

There’s a lot of AFCB fans who attend Poole. Crowd will be well down. 

It's staggering really that a conurbation of the size of BCP can't sustain a soccer match at a ground whose capacity is lower than most 4th tier league grounds and at a second tier speedway venue on the same night? 

Clearly something going wrong

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There’s a lot of AFCB fans who attend Poole. Crowd will be well down. 

When the AFCB fixture was first announced I said it could be a problem! They usually have their midweek matches on a Tuesday rather than a Wednesday!

As LC has said, if Poole don't get a win at Scunny on Friday then those that usually like to attend both the Pirates and the Cherries will probably opt for the Vitality.

As for Poole choosing on off race night as an alternative. the statement says they tried for Tuesday but the stadium was not available. Mon/Thurs/Friday would be out so not sure what the alternative would be.

Edited by Skidder1

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

It's staggering really that a conurbation of the size of BCP can't sustain a soccer match at a ground whose capacity is lower than most 4th tier league grounds and at a second tier speedway venue on the same night? 

The first point isn’t true. About a third of League Two football grounds are bigger than Dean Court.

Speedway is a minority sport. Of course there being a match at the local Premier League ground on the same night would hit the speedway attendance.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Not really, if you knew the area you would understand. Still there's no problem now the forcast is dire,  meeting off and at this moment in time its raining in Poole

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Not really, if you knew the area you would understand. Still there's no problem now the forcast is dire,  meeting off and at this moment in time its raining in Poole

Think we are talking about the rearranged date Weds 27th which clashes with Bournemouth not this Wednesday.

Both the football & speedway are on at the moment!

Edited by lbw

10 hours ago, lbw said:

HA! GOT U!

MEETING JUST BEEN CALLED OFF!

UP URS! :t:

Sorry it's been called off lbw but will give you time for an extra flat white. Enjoy!

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

Sorry it's been called off lbw but will give you time for an extra flat white. Enjoy!

Hey up @Tinker

Won't be traveling now but I've actually got time for an extra flat white at my local Costa as I've got one free! :D

11 hours ago, lbw said:

Hey up @Tinker

Won't be traveling now but I've actually got time for an extra flat white at my local Costa as I've got one free! :D

The FREE drinks always taste so much better!