British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I agree that a top league with 6 or 7 teams is very much less than ideal but I'd say having the likes of Doyle, Emil, Bewley, Woffinden, Lambert, Laguta, Holder etc racing here and putting bums on seats isn't a joke.

I'm sure all the number 6s and 7s thoroughly enjoy racing against them!;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm sure they learn a lot from them too.

16 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure they learn a lot from them too.

Dan Thompson will have certainly learned more this year than he would have last year riding alongside messers Morris and Worrall! 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Easy enough to sort out a race formula that avoids that in the main I would have thought

• Like 1

Anyone think Thomas Jorgensen could be back? On a decent average 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Hopefully not, it would be a backward step as I think both Jorgensen and Toft from their initial performances have flattered to deceive, neither has made the progress that should have made them riding for their country or are reliable from one week to another.

Upon reading the article about David Howe becoming team manager it seems to have put to bed the idea of the scorpions in the premiership given it says David is still helping Ryan Douglas in the premiership and so his Friday nights are free for us in the championship 

9 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Upon reading the article about David Howe becoming team manager it seems to have put to bed the idea of the scorpions in the premiership given it says David is still helping Ryan Douglas in the premiership and so his Friday nights are free for us in the championship 

Agree100 % you wouldn’t have David Howe as team manager when he’s spannering for Dougy at a different track ?

I don't think PL would of ever been in consideration surely. It came from 1 person who put a random comment on here 4 pages back.

We all know what league will have the best close racing next year with tracks like Scunny, Glasgow, Redcar and Workington :)

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I don't think PL would of ever been in consideration surely. It came from 1 person who put a random comment on here 4 pages back.

We all know what league will have the best close racing next year with tracks like Scunny, Glasgow, Redcar and Workington :)

Similar on the Oxford thread……..off on a tangent about running in 3 leagues due to a comment which, in my opinion, was misconstrued. 

Smart move getting DH in as team manager, knows the club inside out and always had strong relationship with the promotion at Scunny

Great start for 2024

On 11/11/2023 at 10:04 PM, phillipsr said:

I was thinking that myself. His average last year was detrimental to team building but on a 6 and a half point average i think a lot of team bosses will definitely be considering him. 

Thomas Jorgensen is having a testimonial next year, could that be a sign he is returning to his spiritual home? Rumours suggest he is not in the Berwick team, although his testimonial could be at Lynn.

On 11/16/2023 at 11:21 AM, ragdoll64 said:

Similar on the Oxford thread……..off on a tangent about running in 3 leagues due to a comment which, in my opinion, was misconstrued. 

Shows how much I know then………..geez!    I can’t get my head round this running in different leagues. Hope it works for them.  

• Like 1

This 38pt limit concerns me. It must devalue the product for spectators with respect. Very likely two NDL riders at reserve for each team and some protected Heats ? So say 3-4 Heats at NDL level out of 15. £20 last season on the gate will buy you less entertainment this time around ? 

We know how 2023 served up a feast of great Speedway at the EWR. Plus we had a superb team that was bang easy for the supporters to invest in. Losing our No1 Ryan and the best rider in League is a massive hole to fill. We cannot expect the Club to fully replace him they cant. So its going to be a conjouring act from Rob and the Management for 2024.?

I am certain Simon Lambert is back. I would sure like to think Jake Allen is with us and Nathan Ablitt did more than enough for a EWR return. Kyle Howarth or Steve Worrall would be up there as contenders to try plug the massive hole Ryan leaves ? But both are committed to Poland in 2024 so Friday night at Scunny may no longer fit for either of them ? 

Drew Kemp seemed to find a home at Scuuny after a tough start, he could certainly develop further with us as could Conor Mountain who at times was a vital cog in the 2023 line up. 

MPT had injury problems last season but fully fit should be a top rider at this level. Whilst we also have Tommy Jorgensen on our books but returning from a serious injury. 

Zaine Kennedy lost the whole of last season to a none speedway injury. Back fit and on a 4.27 average he could be an absolute steal. Whilst Robs clear admiration for Luke Harrison could very well land him the 2.00pt British development rider ticket ? 

It will be a conumdrum playing the points limit lottery. Which to me is "anti speedway" and always will be. Surely it should about teams putting out the best 1-7 they can and not about arguing over 0.01 of a point ?. 

Theres a lot to live up to at Scunny following the exploits of the class of 2023 and the sheer quality of action served week in week out. My backing is unequivocal of course But by design I fear there may be "an edge" knocked off the overall quality in the Championship next season ?.  I would be quite happy to be proved wrong of course. So lets see what Rob & the Management can come up with ? 

Edited by the outsider