British Speedway Forum

Each to their own views but I do like the team and looking forward to watching us on track. I was really "invested" in the Scorpions in 2023 as riders, their character and technique. I think that "connection" is important it helps bring the fanbase closer to the Club. We know that Speedway can and will throw in a few changes along the way. But if we have some continuity and prepared to keep faith with it injury permitting. It can go a long way to forging the bond between the fans and the sport. Roll on March 2024 folks. 

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Howarth is the weakest number one in the league, I would take Hagon over Ablitt anyday and Poole have the best top 4 in the league, Tobias Thomsen maybe a weak but then so is Mountain.

Can I ask why? Seems a bit of an odd thing to say when Ablitt averaged more in both leagues. 

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Can I ask why? Seems a bit of an odd thing to say when Ablitt averaged more in both leagues. 

I like Ablitt but I think Hagon has more improvement in him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I like Ablitt but I think Hagon has more improvement in him.

Were we ever in for Hagon ?  because I never thought we were. He did go well at the EWR in one meet last season granted. I am fine with Ablitt who definitely made some progress last season. Hagon has the backing from his motorcycle family and could make real strides next season. The pull was Poole as well which I can see. 

If Howarth, Palm Toft and Allen can find some consistency this team will be fine but all 3 are likely to beat the opposition number 1 then come out in the next race and lose to an opposition reserve. 

Should think they'll win most home meetings but they'll take some batterings when they travel imo

33 minutes ago, thebaron said:

Were we ever in for Hagon ?  because I never thought we were. He did go well at the EWR in one meet last season granted. I am fine with Ablitt who definitely made some progress last season. Hagon has the backing from his motorcycle family and could make real strides next season. The pull was Poole as well which I can see. 

No i don't think you were but I wasn't saying you should have got him instead of Ablitt, fully understandable you got Nathan as he rode for last season. 

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

If Howarth, Palm Toft and Allen can find some consistency this team will be fine but all 3 are likely to beat the opposition number 1 then come out in the next race and lose to an opposition reserve. 

Should think they'll win most home meetings but they'll take some batterings when they travel imo

Would agree

I think our 3 heat leaders are capable of scoring 8-10 points per meeting whether it be from 4, 5 or even 6 rides. Our engine room, 2nd strings, are stronger than most others & our reserves will hold their own in a weaker(38 point limit) starting point. It will be about who gains the most momentum to get their team to a 41/42 point average in the BSN Series(NOT CMA average but points scored in 2024).

12 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Cook Cook and brennan = mpt, Allen, lambert... give your head a shake :rofl:

I think Pooles are better but not by much i dont think Poole have the best top 4 in league either… i like Cooks but never been very impressed with Brennan 

I like Poole and Redcar top 4 ( providing Wright and Jorgensen get over their injuries which is  question mark IMO).Very unpredictable League with so many newcomers in bottom end positions.

8 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Looking at the sides assembled so far , I dont think there will be too many away wins 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Howarth is the weakest number one in the league, I would take Hagon over Ablitt anyday and Poole have the best top 4 in the league, Tobias Thomsen maybe a weak but then so is Mountain.

While Mountain didn't score so many points in the top 5 compared to riding at number 7, I'd hardly call a 5.4 rider weak! Especially if you consider Thomsen didn't reach 4.0 for Birmingham when he last rode over here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

While Mountain didn't score so many points in the top 5 compared to riding at number 7, I'd hardly call a 5.4 rider weak! Especially if you consider Thomsen didn't reach 4.0 for Birmingham when he last rode over here.

Foreverblue has a strange take on the word weak, and seems to be trying to convince himself that Poole are a good team and Scunny aren't. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Doesn't matter what he did 5 years ago though. Only matters what he does next year, to me anyway. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Foreverblue has a strange take on the word weak, and seems to be trying to convince himself that Poole are a good team and Scunny aren't. 

No convincing needed, Poole are a good team even with Thomsen, Scunthorpe have  riders like Howarth and MPT who need to improve quite a bit from last season.