British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Belle Vue vs Ipswich (playoff semi 2nd leg) 25/09/23

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Disagree on that.  Wright has never been that great at Foxhall - yes, he beat our reserves and Riss there this year, not many riders didn't!  He had one victory over Emil when Emil made a shocking gate and was in last and took a while to get past Brennan.  Ipswich are stronger now than they were earlier in the year.  As always, meetings are not won on paper and I'm really looking forwards to see how tonight pans out.

Charles's scores at Foxhall this season 9 and 8. RR last Thursday 3.

7 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

You get 15 points for turning up, should be able to pick up a further 22 between 7 of em

That's another way of putting it.

27 minutes ago, tocha said:

Charles's scores at Foxhall this season 9 and 8. RR last Thursday 3.

I know that but it doesn't change the fact that he's only beaten one rider of note, which was due to their awful start.  Given the fact Ipswich have improved as an outfit recently, Rew and Riss in particular, I don't think he'd have score much more than the RR score.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

You get 15 points for turning up, should be able to pick up a further 22 between 7 of em

That's right, and so should Belle Vue have done at Foxhall but they didn't.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Belle Vue need to gate if they are to have any chance tonight, something they didn't do at Ippo.

Edited by Buttons

With no football on the box I'm just glad Discovery ain't at Monmore. 

50-40 Belle Vue

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'll go for Belle Vue 52-38 Ipswich.

Witches top 2, to score enough that the rest of the side only need a few points each.

31 minutes ago, Buttons said:

Belle Vue need to gate if they are to have any chance tonight, something they didn't do at Ippo.

Although it will help, it’s not mandatory as they can pass tonight, unlike Thursday. 

3 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Disagree on that.  Wright has never been that great at Foxhall - yes, he beat our reserves and Riss there this year, not many riders didn't!  He had one victory over Emil when Emil made a shocking gate and was in last and took a while to get past Brennan.  Ipswich are stronger now than they were earlier in the year.  As always, meetings are not won on paper and I'm really looking forwards to see how tonight pans out.

Ok well just looked at his scores, definite miss tonight though as two of his rides are covered by reserves and unless Blodorn or Bailey is on fire he will be a big miss.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Although it will help, it’s not mandatory as they can pass tonight, unlike Thursday. 

A lot easier if you gate, Ipswich top riders are all good gaters  although King was not his best last night but was flying at Ipswich the other night so who knows but on his day he can beat anyone.

9 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Rumour has it that Bewley has missed his flight in… not sure how true it is 

A bit Zagar-esque!!

29 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Rumour has it that Bewley has missed his flight in… not sure how true it is 

One clown puts an anonymous post on facebook and people believe it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

One clown puts an anonymous post on facebook and people believe it!

Who said they believed it?…