British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Belle Vue vs Ipswich (playoff semi 2nd leg) 25/09/23

1 minute ago, Biffa said:

Plenty of us at Redcar have had similar conversations all year, then he goes and rides Longtrack at bigger speeds and more riders in a race and dies well. Sort of eliminates the bottle gone theory. He has loads of us confused to be honest. 

Thats what i was thinking

Well done the Witches, best team over 2 legs. Decent racing once it warmed up. 
With decent racing at Monmore it was a great night of TV watching overall. 

8 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Plenty of us at Redcar have had similar conversations all year, then he goes and rides Longtrack at bigger speeds and more riders in a race and does well. Sort of eliminates the bottle gone theory. He has loads of us confused to be honest. 

He's ok if in front/there's no-one near him but will never try to pass anyone other than on the inside if they go too wide and if it gets close he shuts off. So to me that's a rider who's lost the nerve to win - riding not racing. 

Edited by SPEEDY69

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

He's ok if in front/there's no-one near him but will never try to pass anyone other than on the inside if they go too wide and if it gets close he shuts off. So to me that's a rider who's lost the nerve to win. 

He needs to take time out and should not ride in the final but he probably will. Massive mistake by Hawkins not to put Rew in heat 8 but got away with it in the end.

Edited by foreverblue

7 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

He's ok if in front/there's no-one near him but will never try to pass anyone other than on the inside if they go too wide and if it gets close he shuts off. So to me that's a rider who's lost the nerve to win - riding not racing. 

He will be a worry in the final.

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm not100% sure if that's right. We're not sure what his illness was. It seemed complicated.

He made his comeback by his own admission, because he had to try and earn money, even though he was struggling to see as he foolishly admitted on his website before it was quickly pulled! He also admitted in a much more recent interview, that he’s still nowhere near fit and didn’t expect to be before the season was out. Absolutely bonkers by Ipswich not to make a change this year but they MAY just get away with it. 

Makes you wonder how good they’d be if Riss was contributing the steady points he’s capable of and has shown in the past. 

• Like 1

Seems weird that noone mentioned how soft rider Bewley is. All he needed to do was to close Doyle's run on the inside in Ht15 and job done. 

Just now, krompa said:

Seems weird that noone mentioned how soft rider Bewley is. All he needed to do was to close Doyle's run on the inside in Ht15 and job done. 

He’s been a massive disappointment this season for Belle Vue. 

• Like 1

We lost it in the first 19 heats. We were excellent for the remainder. Can't give any team such a big lead and expect to win. Well done Ipswich. Hope you win it.

8 minutes ago, Aries said:

He made his comeback by his own admission, because he had to try and earn money, even though he was struggling to see as he foolishly admitted on his website before it was quickly pulled! He also admitted in a much more recent interview, that he’s still nowhere near fit and didn’t expect to be before the season was out. Absolutely bonkers by Ipswich not to make a change this year but they MAY just get away with it. 

Makes you wonder how good they’d be if Riss was contributing the steady points he’s capable of and has shown in the past. 

Time will tell. 

7 minutes ago, Aries said:

He’s been a massive disappointment this season for Belle Vue. 

I don't think we will see him next season..

• Like 2

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

I don't think we will see him next season..

Me neither.

• Like 1

When you've watched a few races at the brilliant NSS, it's an absolute shock when the action suddenly switches to Wolverhampton.

Whatever happens with any future development, Wolves fans can at least know that almost certainly they will have a better track.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1