British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Belle Vue vs Ipswich (playoff semi 2nd leg) 25/09/23

8 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

As a Lions fan it’s still difficult to come to terms with the fact that Ipswich made the play offs due to an inept performance from us at Peterborough. Putting on my sensible hat though, I really could not see the Lions ( in their current form / predicament) doing Belle Vue over two legs as the Witches did. Watched the meeting at the NSS stadium tonight and just enjoyed the racing as a neutral. The Witches big guns delivered in the final heat and as a speedway fan, they have to be applauded.

Lawson was terrific tonight though, dont remember him having too many meetings like that for Leicester.

6 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

When you've watched a few races at the brilliant NSS, it's an absolute shock when the action suddenly switches to Wolverhampton.

Whatever happens with any future development, Wolves fans can at least know that almost certainly they will have a better track.

Belle Vue are very lucky to have got the council to agree to that development & help pay for it, so hats off but unless things change dramatically it’s a one off sadly.

I do get peed off with the were better than you are especially after years of awful Kirky lane track….some do have short memories 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ace no.5 said:

We lost it in the first 19 heats. We were excellent for the remainder. Can't give any team such a big lead and expect to win. Well done Ipswich. Hope you win it.

Belle Vue certainly lost this tie in the first leg at Ipswich, a good comeback but it was to big a deficit compounded by a poor start at home.

• Like 1

read most of the comments on here, some good some bad and some indifferent!...but for me both tracks have their quirks, both teams have their fans favourites but overall both teams served up an absolute spectacle for the fans, its an old cliche but the winner was speedway.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

So ... your only contribution tonight is completely derogatory, and then you throw your curlers out of the nail bar because people throw it back at you?

PS: If you didn't know, "Stupid Woman" is a famous phrase from 'Allo 'Allo, which was splendidly non-PC. 'tler!

I may be a Stupid Woman, but how stupid are all the people who accept it was a OFFICIAL RESULT.

Stage managed to keep every viewer entranced on a result after 2 heats.

Did you watch Wroclaw v Torun, not stage managed.

Betting on speedway is allowed and riders make a packet for winning and LOSING races.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Can I just say that I am heartily sick of this superior attitude ? Belle Vue who have had  a track built for them  with no restrictions compared to Wolves who have to fit within the confines of a greyhound track and whatever their landlords decree.  You may or may not know that in 1996 the  greyhound track was being altered and the stadium was not available to us, so we had to ride the 'home' leg of the KO Cup final at Long Eaton. On match days we only have access to the the track late on due to greyhound racing in the afternoon.These are the sort of things that we have to contend with. Also as a Wolves fan you have zero right to speak on my behalf, so refrain from doing so.I hope that's clear.

there is no doubting that the NSS is a great track and venue - agree with your comments. 

It’s also worth noting that having read interviews with Morton and Pairman they ran into severe financial trouble afterwards if I am not mistaken. 

that said the template for any new tracks is there / if they can secure out of town  land and build something like that we may have a chance of still having a sport in 20 years 

7 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

I may be a Stupid Woman, but how stupid are all the people who accept it was a OFFICIAL RESULT.

Did you watch Wroclaw v Torun, not stage managed.

Betting on speedway is allowed and riders make a packet for winning and LOSING races.

They couldn't possibly stage manage Wrocław v Toruń, the teams were too imbalanced.  If British speedway was stage managed, Belle Vue would always win, so that the racing would look amazing.

Your attitude is pathetic, and you have no value to add here.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

are these comments related to British racing?

Can I just say that I am heartily sick of this superior attitude ? Belle Vue who have had  a track built for them  with no restrictions compared to Wolves who have to fit within the confines of a greyhound track and whatever their landlords decree.  You may or may not know that in 1996 the  greyhound track was being altered and the stadium was not available to us, so we had to ride the 'home' leg of the KO Cup final at Long Eaton. On match days we only have access to the the track late on due to greyhound racing in the afternoon.These are the sort of things that we have to contend with. Also as a Wolves fan you have zero right to speak on my behalf, so refrain from doing so.I hope that's clear.

To be fair, Wolves have happily kept the different shaped bends, with the "Karlsson corridor". We will never know if a slightly smaller, rounder, wider track would have made any difference.

Absolutely and I'm sure others feel the same - "my Dad's bigger than your Dad" is really childish.

Superb advert for speedway, fantastic final heat on super track. Ipswich looked down and out weeks ago, now could win Double. A master stroke with Emil and Doyley in team.

Edited by auntie doris

Not seen any gloating from BV fans on here tonight, a lot of the track comments do actually come from fans of other teams. Whats more concerning considering the state of the sport is at the rate its going will we have enough teams to have any sort of meaningful league next season? No point having a new stadium if theres no opposition. Kirky lane wasnt good but did its job it was better than no speedway, i never really understood the critisism of Monmore from fans around the country. Its now going to be missed isnt it? Hope they can quickly get a new home along with Peterborough.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 3

Sorry Belle Vue fans but this is worth another watch, speedway the winner here.

The sport would be a poorer place if all tracks were the same. In the last 20 odd years we’ve lost some real diverse tracks and the sport is poorer for it.

• Like 4