British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

If that is the case, you have to wonder why he gets so much praise then as what has he actually won? 2011 PL title with Glasgow although they got absolutely obliterated over two legs by Newport in the KO cup final. What else has he won?

He's got a bit of personality and can motivate a team. It's like Garry May being thought of as rainman because he makes a reserve switch to use the best gates.

Edited by RogerM22
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MartinBSN said:

Berwick are currently one of the highest paying clubs in the league

It's to enable the riders to make a living.They have to pay a large amount per point because the riders they pick hardly score any bloody points

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

Hopefully they pay by points money.They will have had a good season financially.!!!

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

If that is the case, you have to wonder why he gets so much praise then as what has he actually won? 2011 PL title with Glasgow although they got absolutely obliterated over two legs by Newport in the KO cup final. What else has he won?

My recollection is that Stewart was ill (in hospital?) when the 2011 KO Cup final was raced so Glasgow’s obliteration at Newport wasn’t down to him. 

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

My recollection is that Stewart was ill (in hospital?) when the 2011 KO Cup final was raced so Glasgow’s obliteration at Newport wasn’t down to him. 

Also Gracjzonek was averaging just under 9 pre off at Plymouth then replaced him with Sweetman who barely averaged six. 

Edited by Robinh88

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

No, he was at Newport. Recently watched the replay of it and he was in the pits , right as rain being interviewed. 

Was down at Newport that night , what an absolute doin we took don’t think anyone saw it coming Nick Morris apart we were terrible.

Newport were outstanding, if they had started that season with that team they finished it with nobody was getting near them.

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Was down at Newport that night , what an absolute doin we took don’t think anyone saw it coming Nick Morris apart we were terrible.

Newport were outstanding, if they had started that season with that team they finished it with nobody was getting near them.

Both clubs that local businessmen with plenty of coin took over and look how both clubs went. One knew how to do it, the other didnt. 

that said, the team we finished with was outstanding and as said, would of waltzed the league that season had we started the year with it. 

do miss the Glasgow pre GP meetings , the 2003 one was a classic .

14 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Both clubs that local businessmen with plenty of coin took over and look how both clubs went. One knew how to do it, the other didnt. 

that said, the team we finished with was outstanding and as said, would of waltzed the league that season had we started the year with it. 

do miss the Glasgow pre GP meetings , the 2003 one was a classic .

Shane Parker always seemed to get a hot reception if memory serves me right.

But always enjoyable going down there and had a great set up.

Another good club that was added to the defunct list sadly.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Shane Parker always seemed to get a hot reception if memory serves me right.

But always enjoyable going down there and had a great set up.

Another good club that was added to the defunct list sadly.

Parker wasn't too bad. Stancl wasn't very well liked though. The last heat decider in 2003 with Puk passing Stancl for a match winning 5-1 was brilliant , especially as I think Stancl was on a max until that point. 

On 10/12/2023 at 12:55 PM, MartinBSN said:

Throwing good money at average riders is never a great idea.

• Like 1

Connor Coles looked more than adequate at reserve this season so he definitely deserves another year at Berwick. However, apart from him and Leon I don't think it would be productive bringing back any of the 2023 team next year.

On 10/12/2023 at 8:42 AM, Robinh88 said:

I would be surprised if Dickson comes here and offers all seven riders peanuts. Historically at Glasgow 2002-2013 Glasgow had a one number one every season and in some cases two. Even at Leicester he had Nicholls and then Nick Morris.

Reckon Richie Worrall could come in. Wouldn't be my choice but he has history riding for SD.

Probably would give Leon and Jye another season as well.

Ritchie Worrall was close to joining Berwick a few seasons ago and he would be a decent signing, thing is he has a fixture to attend with the SCB. If that goes the wrong way for him he probably wont be signing for anyone any time soon.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Ritchie Worrall was close to joining Berwick a few seasons ago and he would be a decent signing, thing is he has a fixture to attend with the SCB. If that goes the wrong way for him he probably wont be signing for anyone any time soon.

Would love to see Richie at Armadale.

5 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Would love to see Richie at Armadale.

Pretty sure that was his plan, before the drug test.