British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If Etheridge rides as well as he talks about in the interview, then Berwick could be favourites for the league. Personally I felt he was being too ambitious.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If he can stay on the bike and not get injured it certainly be a bonus.

This Berwick team is one that could do very well. Good top 2. Etheridge capable of maximums at home (helps with aggregate wins) two improving Brits at second string & Borke at reserve who should do better at Shielfield than he did at Armadale.

If everything goes to plan, they're good enough to challenge for the title.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

This Berwick team is one that could do very well. Good top 2. Etheridge capable of maximums at home (helps with aggregate wins) two improving Brits at second string & Borke at reserve who should do better at Shielfield than he did at Armadale.

If everything goes to plan, they're good enough to challenge for the title.

It’s a refreshing Berwick line-up.It will be interesting to see if Schlien and Kerr can win the big Heats at Home.The rest of the Team compare well with the rest of the League in other departments.Should be an interesting season for the fans.

• Like 2

Think this is one of the best Berwick teams in years and should, if all goes well, be nearer to the top of the league... However I just can't see anyone getting near Poole (Possibly Redcar but they look weaker with Knudsen instead of Jorgensen?). Poole's top 4 just look ridiculous and I think Hagon will do well at reserve. Don't think Tobias will be as bad as some think, but I don't think he will be spectacular either. Poole and Berwick top 2? Possibility.

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Think this is one of the best Berwick teams in years and should, if all goes well, be nearer to the top of the league... However I just can't see anyone getting near Poole (Possibly Redcar but they look weaker with Knudsen instead of Jorgensen?). Poole's top 4 just look ridiculous and I think Hagon will do well at reserve. Don't think Tobias will be as bad as some think, but I don't think he will be spectacular either. Poole and Berwick top 2? Possibility.

I agree Poole look a strong Team .

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Nobody is expecting 'spectacular things' from Tobias!  Scoring to his average is all thats being looked at.

Jewsons make Berwick a very solid-looking septet!;)

Edited by Skidder1

PRESS & PRACTICE

It’s been a long winter but the Jewson Bandits powered by Keenwood Karpets are back on track at Shielfield Park this Saturday night from 6:30pm! 

Here’s a summary of all you need to know

Gates open at 6pm. 

Entry by donation. 

Season passes available to collect from the box office at the stadium entrance from 6pm until 7pm. 

Alternatively between 3pm and 5pm in the Black and Gold on March 30 or collect it on the night of our opening Border Trophy first leg against Workington Comets.

Please note there is no season launch night on the Friday night but the riders and management team will be attending the Black & Gold immediately after Saturdays practice session. 

We can’t wait to see you all trackside once again!

Is Crescent Girl sorry Dick doing the Centre Green this season.

Just so as I know wether to take my ear pods, no offence Dick

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Allways thought his monkey talked more sense:t:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gazc said:

Mr Barrie`s much publicized, much looked forward to retirement that was announced a few years ago seems to be taken a while to actually happen.

Maybe he thinks he`s the Rolling Stones as they seem to go on and on and on forever. 

15 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Allways thought his monkey talked more sense:t:

To be fair its a very low bar.

As much as a lot of people criticise Dick and his centre green shenanigans, I guarantee you will miss him when he does hang up his microphone.

I remember when he was missing for a season a handful of years ago and I certainly felt that the presentation on the evening was far poorer due to the lack of his presence.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hamster00 said:

As much as a lot of people criticise Dick and his centre green shenanigans, I guarantee you will miss him when he does hang up his microphone.

I remember when he was missing for a season a handful of years ago and I certainly felt that the presentation on the evening was far poorer due to the lack of his presence.

That would be 2017 when we brought in Ranting Roy

2 minutes ago, Normski said:

That would be 2017 when we brought in Ranting Roy

And how dreadful was he !  Like a 5 year old making up stupid nick-names for the riders !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, screm said:

Maybe he thinks he`s the Rolling Stones as they seem to go on and on and on forever. 

So does Mr barrie :D

3 hours ago, Hamster00 said:

No we won’t.

• Like 2