British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

45 minutes ago, yorkshiretyke said:

But yet, the only reason why Ipswich are even in the final is due to a Peterborough team (that made as many, if not more changes than Sheffield) winning an unlikely tie on aggregate against Leicester after improving their team massively. 

But of course, that was all fine!!

Sheffield made changes when certain riders were underperforming, Ipswich didn't despite many fans calling for King (at that point) and Riss to go. 

Are Sheffield any stronger with guests than with Tai and Tobi, not on paper but could be. Are they any stronger than the first team put together, not really. 

It is what it is!! Lets just hope for a great close final and may the best team win! 

That's just too sensible for some of the Ipswich fans to understand

• Haha 2

Looking forward to his expose/bombshell story in the winter about how bad British speedway is being run when he's the main person taking advantage of it.

His team win a meeting that puts another team through and he gets 3 more chances to earn some money off the back of it. Shame cup-tied isn't a thing in speedway! 

But, it wouldn't be a speedway play off final without him in there somewhere, even if it's just Kelvin droning on about him crashing and winning the rerun all those years ago.

Last 10 years I think he's only missed 2 finals

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, yorkshiretyke said:

But yet, the only reason why Ipswich are even in the final is due to a Peterborough team (that made as many, if not more changes than Sheffield) winning an unlikely tie on aggregate against Leicester after improving their team massively. 

But of course, that was all fine!!

Sheffield made changes when certain riders were underperforming, Ipswich didn't despite many fans calling for King (at that point) and Riss to go. 

Are Sheffield any stronger with guests than with Tai and Tobi, not on paper but could be. Are they any stronger than the first team put together, not really. 

It is what it is!! Lets just hope for a great close final and may the best team win! 

No disagreement from me on the principle of what went on at Peterborough has been a complete crock of rubbish too. A typical speedway shambles

Ipswich actually had to go to both Boro and Lynn after each had strengthened where others didn't so I'd hardly say that it was cut and dried that it was only that that Leicester defeat that meant qualification

Too many variable to pin it on one instance but carry on with the smoke and mirrors distraction tactics.....:P

36 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

It's a shambles that Chris Harris can guest For Sheffield having already rode for Ipswich.  The rules are making a joke of the sport again.

Are they..I followed speedway for years are in a new  match you can use a guest if the ave is correct . I expect Harris has rode for most teams this year.. no idea what all the fuss is about.

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No disagreement from me on the principle of what went on at Peterborough has been a complete crock of rubbish too. A typical speedway shambles

Ipswich actually had to go to both Boro and Lynn after each had strengthened where others didn't so I'd hardly say that it was cut and dried that it was only that that Leicester defeat that meant qualification

Too many variable to pin it on one instance but carry on with the smoke and mirrors distraction tactics.....:P

But so did Sheffield have to go to Peterborough (twice) after them strengthening - and lost twice. 

We all agree, speedway in this country is a complete shambles, but i don't think Sheffield had much choice in what they have done, certainly no different to what other teams would do if they can/could. 

This is a forum and people will defend/criticize their own and or others - its life.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Indeed he should

And what happened to the "gentleman's agreement" that was supposedly in place to prevent it despite the regs not ruling it out?

Can only assume that means that one of the parties isn't a gentleman.....

What gentleman agreement was that.. got a link to it? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yorkshiretyke said:

But so did Sheffield have to go to Peterborough (twice) after them strengthening - and lost twice. 

We all agree, speedway in this country is a complete shambles, but i don't think Sheffield had much choice in what they have done, certainly no different to what other teams would do if they can/could. 

This is a forum and people will defend/criticize their own and or others - its life.  

They had a choice to use Lambert - on a ridiculously low assessed average and unavailable in terms of how the guest rule has always been interpreted OR if he was awarded a true figure

They had a choice to use Harris who has already ridden in the play offs 

No point in anymore debate about either really

I will likely be I the minority but I will again choose not to part with my cash to see this as it doesn't meet the principles I expect 

Enjoy yourself :t:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

They had a choice to use Lambert - on a ridiculously low assessed average and unavailable in terms of how the guest rule has always been interpreted OR if he was awarded a true figure

They had a choice to use Harris who has already ridden in the play offs 

No point in anymore debate about either really

I will likely be I the minority but I will again choose not to part with my cash to see this as it doesn't meet the principles I expect 

Enjoy yourself :t:

Made up principles in your case...

• Haha 1

Is Lambert actually assessed or was that BSF tittle tattle? 

Agree on Harris though.

The likes of Lambert woffinden etc on low averages will be gone next season because  they have new averages gained this season 

9 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

The likes of Lambert woffinden etc on low averages will be gone next season because  they have new averages gained this season 

Lambert doesn't, unless guest booking count?

39 minutes ago, orion said:

Made up principles in your case...

All principles are made up

"a fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behaviour or for a chain of reasoning"

The literal dictionary definition......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Have they done 3 home and 3 away meetings this season.Play offs don’t count I believe.

2 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Are Sheffield stronger with Lambert & Harris over Woffinden and Musielak?

The answer is no.

Ipswich should stop moaning and get on with it.

Whether they’re stronger or weaker is irrelevant. As ever, you’ve missed the point completely.