British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lambo has ridden 2 home and 4 away meetings for Lynn. In those 6 he has averaged 9.60... I think he needed 3 home and 3 away to get a new average though.

2023 Rider Statistics – British Speedway Official Website

My bad (again!). Of course he rode some matches for KL!  He rode one away match for BV (the one I was thinking of). So, he has ridden 7 league matches, but only 2 at home - thus needing 1 more to attain an Established MA ... although the BSPL reckons his 2019 Final Green Sheet is an Established MA.*

* Thinking about that, if Lambert's 2019 average is an Established MA, why haven't they just added his handful of recent league scores to those figures to continue his Rolling Average? If they had done that, there could be no comeback.  Because they haven't, the very valid argument remains that Lambert is on an Assessed MA, as per the Green Sheets.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

My bad (again!). Of course he rode some matches for KL!  He rode one away match for BV (the one I was thinking of). So, he has ridden 7 league matches, but only 2 at home - thus needing 1 more to attain an Established MA ... although the BSPL reckons his 2019 Final Green Sheet is an Established MA.*

* Thinking about that, if Lambert's 2019 average is an Established MA, why haven't they just added his handful of recent league scores to those figures to continue his Rolling Average? If they had done that, there could be no comeback.  Because they haven't, the very valid argument remains that Lambert is on an Assessed MA, as per the Green Sheets.

Lambert's only away meeting for Aces was the final 2nd leg away at sheffield and that doesn't count towards average !!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Lambert's only away meeting for Aces was the final 2nd leg away at sheffield and that doesn't count towards average !!

Whoops! I give up ...

Even so, his handful of matches this season could/should still have counted towards a Rolling Average, based on his BSPL trademarked Established MA.

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

So Ippo folk can go and watch Ippo FC play Hull or  Ippo SC race Sheffield.  

Portman Road will be rocking tomorrow!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

How many guests are Hull using?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

No choice, Foxhall for me, football is pony. 

34 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Whoops! I give up ...

Even so, his handful of matches this season could/should still have counted towards a Rolling Average, based on his BSPL trademarked Established MA.

i agree with you on that one :t:

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

They have a few players on loan!

Do they change them as frequently as speedway clubs book guests? Joking aside I do not understand going up against the tractor boys and I cannot believe Chris did it voluntarily and probably put up an argument against but possibly television and the BSPL had a hand in the decision. Sums up many people’s views, Mickey Mouse arrangements and no one with a genuine interest in the well being of speedway and by that I mean those cohorts who run the sport would normally sanction such a decision and force a club to run on a night like tomorrow where they know the Witches will not benefit as much as they could had the meeting been run on another night.  Screw the BSPL who are showing their true colours.

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Portman Road will be rocking tomorrow!!

Just hope it's not one man and his dog left for us at Foxhall 

1 minute ago, Hawk127 said:

Do they change them as frequently as speedway clubs book guests? Joking aside I do not understand going up against the tractor boys and I cannot believe Chris did it voluntarily and probably put up an argument against but possibly television and the BSPL had a hand in the decision. Sums up many people’s views, Mickey Mouse arrangements and no one with a genuine interest in the well being of speedway and by that I mean those cohorts who run the sport would normally sanction such a decision and force a club to run on a night like tomorrow where they know the Witches will not benefit as much as they could had the meeting been run on another night.  Screw the BSPL who are showing their true colours.

I really feel for CL, honestly I m convinced he wouldn't have given tomorrow as an alternative  knowing the crossover we have with the football. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I don't see why it matters though, surely the idea of an average is to have an average score for that rider, as long as it's for the same standard of meeting I cannot fathom why cup or play-off meetings are excluded.

You and me both, the more matches that count the better

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Badge said:

Just hope it's not one man and his dog left for us at Foxhall 

No i am sure it will be a good crowd at Foxhall too.

25 minutes ago, Badge said:

I really feel for CL, honestly I m convinced he wouldn't have given tomorrow as an alternative  knowing the crossover we have with the football. 

Shafted by the powers that be and TV. Support Chris but two fingers to the rest. Those in charge really don’t get it. Would for example Belle Vue or Wolves faced the same if the local football clubs were at home on the same night?