British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

Back on topic….what’s the weather like and was yesterdays call off the right decision?

Well back to tonight...come on lads, can you give us a 20 point lead to take to Sheffield.  Sadly the 18 point lead we had in league match wasn't enough :cry:

Come on you witches :party:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

Back on topic….what’s the weather like and was yesterdays call off the right decision?

Yes definitely.. had some rain earlier today but now sunny.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Badge said:

Well back to tonight...come on lads, can you give us a 20 point lead to take to Sheffield.  Sadly the 18 point lead we had in league match wasn't enough :cry:

It was 12 for the league. 

29 minutes ago, Badge said:

You’re getting confused with the 18 point lead we just took to Belle Vue Badge. We took a 12 point lead to Sheffield from the Foxhall meeting, and lost the superheat in the return fixture for the bonus point. 

If you offered me another 12 point lead right now I’d snap your hand off! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You’re getting confused with the 18 point lead we just took to Belle Vue Badge. We took a 12 point lead to Sheffield from the Foxhall meeting, and lost the superheat in the return fixture for the bonus point. 

If you offered me another 12 point lead right now I’d snap your hand off! 

Ooops you are right :oops:,  still love a 20 point lead :P

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

VPN is having a nighmare 

Is there anywhere to listen to the meeting tonight?

Not tonight I don't think,  but Thursday night Genx radio are doing commentary from Sheffield. 

I know that doesn't help tonight sorry. 

https://genxradio.co.uk/

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

Not tonight I don't think,  but Thursday night Genx radio are doing commentary from Sheffield. 

I know that doesn't help tonight sorry. 

https://genxradio.co.uk/

It helps Thursday and don't fly home til Saturday lol was hoping the postponement would mean a reschedule for next week but I'm not that lucky

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

More fool them. The “food” at Foxhall is absolutely garbage. In my opinion of course. 

Couldn't disagree more, I think their burgers and chips are delicious!  Have you ever had anything from King's Lynn, Peterborough or Belle Vue? :D

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Couldn't disagree more, I think their burgers and chips are delicious!  Have you ever had anything from King's Lynn, Peterborough or Belle Vue? :D

I haven't been to Foxhall for several years but I seem to remember the food wasn't  bad at all, I seem to remember seeing Middlo with a burger in his hand so can't have been too bad! Peterborough wasn't too bad but expensive last time I went, Kings Lynn is just the worst, almost inedible!

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I haven't been to Foxhall for several years but I seem to remember the food wasn't  bad at all, I seem to remember seeing Middlo with a burger in his hand so can't have been too bad! Peterborough wasn't too bad but expensive last time I went, Kings Lynn is just the worst, almost inedible!

In fairness I've seen Middlo with burger and chips in hand at many tracks...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Yesterday’s call off was totally the right call! It hammered it down in Ipswich from like 7pm onwards, thunder, lightning, the works! :D

42 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yes and I thoroughly recommend Bowen's Pies at Belle Vue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badge said:

Ooops you are right :oops:,  still love a 20 point lead :P

Old age lol