British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

29 minutes ago, Badge said:

Should be on a disrepute charge for that

An immediate 1 match ban would be about right ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No chance Doyle misses Thursday imo.

Last meeting and biggest meeting of the season, He's a tough rider and will surely ride through the pain barrier for one night only knowing he'll have lots of recovery time after Thursday night.

If he was badly injured then he wouldn't have pocketed Robert Lambert all night after Danyon Hume's clownery in Ht 4.

16 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Perhaps Lambert started the (unsubstantiated as yet) rumour because he was upset !!

It’s not unsubstantiated he went to hospital 

45 minutes ago, Badge said:

Personally I thought it was refreshing to hear a rider express an opinion in an interview rather than the bland nothingness that most riders come out with when asked inane questions about setup etc. I'll also extend that to Picko who is clearly very passionate about the clubs he rides for as demonstrated by his comments at Edinburgh recently :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick Bratley said:

During the TV broadcast, when they went to one of the breaks, they showed odd clips, on one of the clips it showed a riders tank being filled and the colour of the methanol was pink. Have they started putting colouring in methanol? Never seen that before, but it has been a while since I was in and around any pits!

Not sure about now Mick but in the late 90s we did use yellow methanol - it was brought in to stop cheating with fuel.

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

Personally I thought it was refreshing to hear a rider express an opinion in an interview rather than the bland nothingness that most riders come out with when asked inane questions about setup etc. I'll also extend that to Picko who is clearly very passionate about the clubs he rides for as demonstrated by his comments at Edinburgh recently :t:

Pickering was a complete contrast however - Lambert whilst making perhaps some valid comments probably only one (or maybe two) about the heat 4 incident just came across so badly. Sadly for me he has blotted his copybook and the fact he keeps turning up for (mainly) playoff finals is somewhat infurating, he needs to commit to a full season next year!

Does he say the same about the KL track he rides each week? (genuione question!)

He is a very good rider - possibly not as good as he can be, or thinks he is yet! The greatest riders can ride all tracks which has often been the reason some top riders insist on riding in the UK its keeps the sharp.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Not sure about now Mick but in the late 90s we did use yellow methanol - it was brought in to stop cheating with fuel.

Yellow methanol... is that like yellow snow? Are you sure it was methanol? :D

Maybe this Pink methanol is Dreamboat Phil's(:wub:) "special" methanol he tries to peddle on the GP circuit... or was maybe taken from the recent "Ladies Day" at the NSS 

11 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Pickering was a complete contrast however - Lambert whilst making perhaps some valid comments probably only one (or maybe two) about the heat 4 incident just came across so badly. Sadly for me he has blotted his copybook and the fact he keeps turning up for (mainly) playoff finals is somewhat infurating, he needs to commit to a full season next year!

Does he say the same about the KL track he rides each week? (genuione question!)

He is a very good rider - possibly not as good as he can be, or thinks he is yet! The greatest riders can ride all tracks which has often been the reason some top riders insist on riding in the UK its keeps the sharp.

Lambert even said on tv last year that he would like to come back this year,  I thought it was rubbish at the time and I don't think anyone realised it would only be for a handful of meetings.

I can see why so many saw Lambert's comments as whinging and would probably agree but I'd rather see a rider give their honest opinion than the same old "we're disappointed but we go again on Thursday" type interview. As a King's Lynn rider I'd expect him to be more annoyed at losing to Ipswich too.

Assuming Doyle is okay you'd fancy Ipswich to win now but I wouldn't write Sheffield off just yet, Hume being a liability has just about kept them in it. King and Rew will be the key riders in the 2nd leg, not expecting the other 3 to add much so they'll need to back up the top 2. 

Don’t worry about Doyle. He’s riding Thursday. Just went for a small check up on his back. Nothing more nothing less. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Do they? Are you sure you’re not getting confused with Peterborough supporters?

Yes there has been Ipswich fans over time,as well as many others.They moan about our track being to grippy and riders not being able to ride it,just like last night.But now it's different if you know what  I mean.Some fans are contradicting.

Any word yet on the r/s guest for Ipswich and the number 6 for Sheffield?  I'm guessing we'll go Joe Thompson again, can't think of any alternatives?  

35 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Any word yet on the r/s guest for Ipswich and the number 6 for Sheffield?  I'm guessing we'll go Joe Thompson again, can't think of any alternatives?  

Bomber for Tai and Jye Etheridge at #6 for Sheffield.        Ipswich will juggle their Thompsons again.

37 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Yes there has been Ipswich fans over time,as well as many others.They moan about our track being to grippy and riders not being able to ride it,just like last night.But now it's different if you know what  I mean.Some fans are contradicting.

I never moan about any track, that's the good thing with British speedway the variety, if these so called superstars can't handle them, tough. Lambert was only whinging as he got handed a lesson by Emil & Doyle. You don't get within 0.5 seconds of the track record if the track is that bad!!!

If Chris Harris riding then put Sheff down for the title. 15 point max .Emil, Jason or Robert won't get near him 

• Haha 1