British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

37 minutes ago, Bash said:

Lambert doesn't give a toss about British speedway, he can't even be asked to come back to ride in the British Final, bit like Woofinden, just back for a top up

Agree I don't accept the criticism from a rider who just comes back to his home country for easy pickings when his polish league earning finish.

I was at the match (as a neutral) and there was nothing wrong with the track as Doyle proved by overtaking Lawson from a long way back.

This is just sour grapes as he was outclassed by Doyle and Sayfutdinov. I say go back to Poland and stop moaning and be grateful you are officially the world number 6 because in real terms you aint in the top ten of world riders.

Finally, what is the point of have a transfer deadline when Sheffield have effectively signed Lambert. In the old days you could not guest constantly for one team I guess this is another rule lost because of rider shortage. Todays rant over.

46 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

If so that’s a joke. Guests should be the same for both legs, and Harris rode for Ipswich in one leg of their semi. 

Why lol

Always hard to get passing on a track like Foxhall when you have Emil and Jason who are so good around there. If they gate they're gone as they're usually so much quicker than anyone else. Even Danny when he's on song not many people would beat him. Didn't emil and jason both pass people to get a win as well in a couple of heats? Hume a reserve I saw pass a few riders (he binned it after) but still passed riders. Like someone else said with Britain every track is different which brings in the home advantage. How boring would it be if every track is like NSS. Get 1/2 good heats a meeting so not worth it.

Have to say there's been a lot more passing at Foxhall this season than people who see the odd meeting on tv know about. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Odds On said:

Hume is young, still very raw but with the right guidance and someone taking him under there wing, he'll be a decent rider, time will tell.

Doyle isn't dirty, but he verges on the edge of it, he didn't leave Lambert any room and knew full well he was there, not a problem with it but a lesser skilfull rider would of been through the fence.

Speedway needs entertainment, rightly or wrongly people are talking about last nights meeting, which is the rarity for speedway nowadays!

A lesser rider would not have been in the fence he would have been nowhere near Doyle. Why should Doyle leave him any room?

Just now, foreverblue said:

A lesser rider would not have been in the fence he would have been nowhere near Doyle. Why should Doyle leave him any room?

it was during the second bend so every chance another rider could of been there, using Hume as an example out gated Doyle in a earlier race!...im not saying he should of left room - merely saying that there was never going to be room to go round the outside of him

32 minutes ago, Odds On said:

it was during the second bend so every chance another rider could of been there, using Hume as an example out gated Doyle in a earlier race!...im not saying he should of left room - merely saying that there was never going to be room to go round the outside of him

He must have known that too so would not have tried too hard, he only seemed to try when he was against lesser riders.

40 minutes ago, OldHawk said:

Agree I don't accept the criticism from a rider who just comes back to his home country for easy pickings when his polish league earning finish.

I was at the match (as a neutral) and there was nothing wrong with the track as Doyle proved by overtaking Lawson from a long way back.

This is just sour grapes as he was outclassed by Doyle and Sayfutdinov. I say go back to Poland and stop moaning and be grateful you are officially the world number 6 because in real terms you aint in the top ten of world riders.

Finally, what is the point of have a transfer deadline when Sheffield have effectively signed Lambert. In the old days you could not guest constantly for one team I guess this is another rule lost because of rider shortage. Todays rant over.

He came over for easy pickings and found he was riding at Ipswich when he expected the final to be against Belle Vue, unlucky Robert.

• Haha 2

We've got super Ritchie Hawkins 

He knows exactly what we need

A ref putting all 4 back 

To keep Emil and Doyle on track

Witches gonna win the f@@king league

:P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I can’t wait for Thursday, after all the moaning about Foxhall & the lack of spectacle. I’m looking forward some super close fast racing with passing galore on a excellently prepared Sheffield track, I just hope it’s not a super slick gaters paradise!

I'm hoping for Ipswich making the starts and staying there, with passing only when they don't make the start :)

1 hour ago, Odds On said:

Hume is young, still very raw but with the right guidance and someone taking him under there wing, he'll be a decent rider, time will tell.

Doyle isn't dirty, but he verges on the edge of it, he didn't leave Lambert any room and knew full well he was there, not a problem with it but a lesser skilfull rider would of been through the fence.

Speedway needs entertainment, rightly or wrongly people are talking about last nights meeting, which is the rarity for speedway nowadays!

Don't think so, he sits on the seat too much going in, making him more susceptible to grip changes in the bends, very difficult to guide this out of someone.

• Like 2

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Aries said:

So you “accept the weather has a lot to do with track conditions” but then criticise the track anyway? What do you expect them to do? In an ideal world they’d have moved the fixture further than 24 hours to prepare something better after torrential rain but that was taken out of their hands. You say “there’s no excuse for a bad track”, well I’m sorry but there is and it’s a damn good one! You’ve completely contradicted yourself. On one hand you’re saying there’s no excuse for a bad track and in the same breath saying you accept the weather dictated that

Not quite my words , just saying a lot of riders could not get on with the conditions while some could.

Thanks any way.

I joined this forum quite liking Robert Lambert, but have been influenced to dislike him.:lol:

Is he just an ar*ehole? People who put on Polish accents while being interviewed in Poland tend to be ar*eholes.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

28 minutes ago, Badge said:

Whatever the rights or wrongs of Lamberts outburst.. The same for everyone is such a stupid saying.If a  track is crap it is . Hey guys  this track is dangerous but we don't care because its  the same for everyone 

• Thanks 1