British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Last day to OBJECT to the retrospective planning application at Rye House Stadium. Click on the link below 

https://publicaccess.eastherts.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=S9ZI48GLFP200&activeTab=summary

Lots going on in the background to get the track reinstated but public support is needed. Will take a couple of minutes.

Done!

Thanks to everyone who has taken time to object,anyone who has not now is the time.Always surprises me how few riders and officials object as they would be the main beneficiaries of a saved stadium.

Edited by Robbo 403
  • Like 2

On 4/21/2024 at 1:30 PM, Robbo 403 said:

Thanks to everyone who has taken time to object,anyone who has not now is the time.Always surprises me how few riders and officials object as they would be the main beneficiaries of a saved stadium.

A distinct lack of any co-ordination by the governing body to the majority of closures..

Is it because there isnt enough riders to fill any extra teams? Hence it is "better" to let some simply disappear? 

Imagine if the dozen or so tracks that have closed in circa the last decade where still running? 

That would need over 80 riders..:o

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mikebv said:

A distinct lack of any co-ordination by the governing body to the majority of closures..

Is it because there isnt enough riders to fill any extra teams? Hence it is "better" to let some simply disappear? 

Imagine if the dozen or so tracks that have closed in circa the last decade where still running? 

That would need over 80 riders..:o

To be fair to SCB that did object to the original Rye House application to remove the track, and they objected to the Peterborough applications.

What I believe they should be doing is actively working with Councils to influence the local plans 

24 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

To be fair to SCB that did object to the original Rye House application to remove the track, and they objected to the Peterborough applications.

What I believe they should be doing is actively working with Councils to influence the local plans 

The SCB did too little too late. Between them and the BSPA lies most of the responsibility for Rye Houses closure.

3 minutes ago, winstoncigar said:

The SCB did too little too late. Between them and the BSPA lies most of the responsibility for Rye Houses closure.

I might well agree with some of that,  but if the head leaseholder doesn't want speedway that is a problem.

However, I believe SCB / BSPL should have a plan in place to protect tracks before the problem occurs

On 4/21/2024 at 1:30 PM, Robbo 403 said:

I’m not sure how much weight East Herts council will attach to objections from all over the world. 
Unfortunately for us, the majority of the gymnastics club users are locals and having had a quick look through the list of the objections most of them seem to be from hundreds of miles away.

18 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

I might well agree with some of that,  but if the head leaseholder doesn't want speedway that is a problem.

However, I believe SCB / BSPL should have a plan in place to protect tracks before the problem occurs

Right on both counts.

Added to that, I suspect the SCB recognise all too well that the lack of available riders severely limits the number of viable teams that can hope to exist.

3 hours ago, winstoncigar said:

I’m not sure how much weight East Herts council will attach to objections from all over the world. 
Unfortunately for us, the majority of the gymnastics club users are locals and having had a quick look through the list of the objections most of them seem to be from hundreds of miles away.

Because you have to travel hundreds of miles to find a speedway track these days! 

6 hours ago, winstoncigar said:

I live in East Herts, they don't take much notice of anything sadly apart from the guidance telling them how much they can put up council tax bills by and cut refuse collections 

I wouldn't hold your breath on this 

Any objection should focus on the fact that it is a “retrospective “ application, and that if it is allowed, then in effect the planning department is rendered redundant, as anybody can build what they like and then apply for “retrospective “ planning. 

• Like 2