British Speedway Forum

Just a thought. Just spice it up. Throw sayfutanof and laguta back in. 2 proper racers for bartosz. Look at vojens. That was a joke. Sorry my thoughts ( now for the abuse ) las usual. 

Want:

Bewley

Laguta

Sayfutdinov

Kolodziej or Kubera

Fricke 

Expect:- Bewley, Fricke, Dudek, Woffinden, Thomsen

My picks:

Sayfutdinov, Kolodziej, Thomsen, Bewley & Fricke.

Expected picks:

Thomsen, Bewley, Woffinden, Fricke & Janowski / Kubera?

1 hour ago, CB252 said:

You can find a reason to invalidate most speedway world titles of you look hard enough.

Emil removed himself from the series for some of his prime years, invalidating what? A Woffinden title? One of Hancock's?

Woffinden was also the primary beneficiary of Ward's indiscretions and ultimate injury arguably. And Doyle.

See what I did there?

Laguta and Sayfutdinov had their chance to beat Bartosz over a full Ekstraliga season and failed spectacularly once again this year, just as they did last year.

Imagine thinking that Rosberg is better than Hamilton because he just about beat him once in one out of 5 seasons. It's the epitomy of stupidity.

7 medals in 8 years for Zmarzlik with or without the Russians.

Seriously, I get you all hate him, but you refute facts when making a weak argument and make yourselves look daft.

I'm not saying they are better. I'm saying they need to be there so that Zmarzlik can prove he is better than them. I do think he'd still win, but without proving it we cannot be sure. After all, he didn't win the last time they were in it.

Yes, I see what you did there. You mentioned issues that were speedway related or down to the riders themselves. That is not the case here.

I mean, suppose Rickarsson and Pedersen were banned for some reason. Does Jason Crump then become the best rider of all time by default? He would, after all, have probably won 8 world titles. 

Ekstrliga is irrelevant. That's league form. Erik Gundersen failed spectacularly to show he was better than Hans Nielsen in the British League. When it came to World finals he had his number.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

My picks:

Sayfutdinov, Kolodziej, Thomsen, Bewley & Fricke.

Expected picks:

Thomsen, Bewley, Woffinden, Fricke & Janowski / Kubera?

Interesting you choose Sayfutdinov but not Laguta considering Laguta is an undefeated World Champion. I think if you have one you need both.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Ekstrliga is irrelevant. That's league form. Erik Gundersen failed spectacularly to show he was better than Hans Nielsen in the British League. When it came to World finals he had his number.

It's not irrelevant as it's the only yardstick by which we can currently measure them. That and all barring one GP season.

Erik didn't have Hans number at all. In all the finals Erik won, Hans picked up silver. 

Erik was clowning around halfway down the field in 86. And also failed to medal in 89.

14 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Interesting you choose Sayfutdinov but not Laguta considering Laguta is an undefeated World Champion. I think if you have one you need both.

The murmuring is that FIM will hold firm on excluding the Russians but, if they don’t, then your logic is sound. Sayfutdinov is arguably better but you can’t have him in without Laguta. 
If these two are in then I expect Australia and GB to be reduced to 2 giving 3 poles, 3 Danes, 2 each for Australia, GB and Russia, and I each from Slovakia, Sweden and Czechia. In truth, that would be pretty close to the best 15 in the world right now. It’s pretty poor, isn’t it? The sport needs more riders like Crump, Pedersen, Hancock and Rickarddon but I don’t see any on the horizon. 

30 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Yet most people consider Emil the far superior rider, which he is.

One fishy season from Laguta when he suddenly became super quick when in all other years he failed to qualify for the following years series. Very dubious, as are all Russian sports triumphs.

Laguta, of course, extremely lucky to be in the 2021 series after spectacularly failing to qualify in the 2020 series and relying on his umpteenth wild card.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

If any of the 'banned' riders are to be allowed to compete in the GP's, surely they should take the same qualifying route that others have to, and therefore not be in the actual GP series until 2025?

• Like 1

Lebedevs,  Bewley , Woffinden  and Fricke. Last place will goto Janowski .

"It is quite possible that just after Saturday's Grand Prix round, series director Phil Morris  accidentally revealed the name of the first of the distinguished competitors. Right after the competition, the Briton allegedly approached Andrzej Lebedev  and, thanking him for this year's performances, smilingly advised him to answer the phone the next day." 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CB252 said:

It's not irrelevant as it's the only yardstick by which we can currently measure them. That and all barring one GP season.

Erik didn't have Hans number at all. In all the finals Erik won, Hans picked up silver. 

Erik was clowning around halfway down the field in 86. And also failed to medal in 89.

While Ekstraliga should not be irrelevant when considering riders who should be gifted a place in the SGP. It shouldn't be the be all and end all.  It's been shown time and again that a good Ekstraliga rider does not always translate into being a good rider elsewhere, for whatever reason. 

Greg Hancock, bang average league rider while he was picking up his later championships. 

Per Jonsson, bang average in the league before he became World Champion

Agree with Hans vs Erik. Hans was undoubtedly a better league rider than Erik. They were pretty level imo when it came to World Championship racing

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Grachan said:

I agree if you pick one, you should pick both, it's just a personal choice based on Laguta's terrible attitude in his debut British season. Nothing to do with his ability.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gambo said:

If any of the 'banned' riders are to be allowed to compete in the GP's, surely they should take the same qualifying route that others have to, and therefore not be in the actual GP series until 2025?

Others don't have to take the qualifying route, they can get seeded into the series.

Besides what nation would nominate Laguta & Sayfutdinov, doubt Poland would give up any of their spots?

Facts speak for themselves, 108 has had 2 previous picks at 12th he shouldn't get one,

Fricke

Bewley

Thomsen

Dimitri Berge

Timo Lahti

or

Ben Basso

Luke Becker

(Thomsen should get a pick due to being injured all year)

Janowski OUT

Dudek OUT 

There are 2 poles coming in if you don't drop them there will be around 1/2 the field containing poles, Nilsson should go finishing 13th clearly out of his depth.

6 hours ago, Gambo said:

Did Bewley and Holder qualify?

I thought they were given reserve spots and were added to the field when Laguta and Sayfutdinov were thrown out.

I must have my wires crossed.