British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonimac

Educate me - why does Zmarzlik get faster as meetings progress?

Was have a post GP analysis with my dear old dad the other night, and we both reckoned that Zmarzlik’s bikes seem to get faster as each GP meeting progresses.
Almost seems to pull away from the field later on in the meeting. Clearly each rider is trying to “dial in” to the track but he does look to have quite a talent in getting the bike going.
Clearly his ability on a bike and his bravery helps a lot too.
What’s his secret?

Or feel free to tell that it’s just my imagination 

Edited by Jonimac

I think he plans what he needs to do to get to the semi finals and then it steps it up a gear.

He's the complete package. He'll go on, I hope, to break all the records. 

• Like 6

100% agree.Does take too many risks ,just concentrates on getting to semi finals then steps it up.Gating is not his best strength thank goodness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonimac said:

Was have a post GP analysis with my dear old dad the other night, and we both reckoned that Zmarzlik’s bikes seem to get faster as each GP meeting progresses.
Almost seems to pull away from the field later on in the meeting. Clearly each rider is trying to “dial in” to the track but he does look to have quite a talent in getting the bike going.
Clearly his ability on a bike and his bravery helps a lot too.
What’s his secret?

Or feel free to tell that it’s just my imagination 

Helps that the other riders just wave him through when he is behind which makes him look faster.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Helps that the other riders just wave him through when he is behind which makes him look faster.

Get real.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Get real.

I tend to agree with CR, had Zmarzlik been in the Crump, Pedersen, Gollob, Rickardsson era he'd have been eating much much more plywood. 

Absolutely nobody want to ride him to the fence when he goes round them. When he dive bombs, nobody tactically jumps off their bike. 

Speedway has become to nice

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

It's like the parting of the Red Sea in some races.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OGT said:

It's like the parting of the Red Sea in some races.

If I saw some crazy mo'fo' on a motorbike coming towards me at full speed, I'd get the hell out of the way too!!! :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/3/2023 at 7:54 PM, Crazy robin said:

and if Laguta gets back in the GP series he would defo wave him through. If a leaf blew up the inside of Laguta he would move over. Fast gater, fast bike doesn’t always make a good racer. Emil, though is a different kettle of fish.  Jack Holder is one that won’t budge for him. Not keen on Jack, but he is the one of the three youngsters that can stand up to BZ.

Edited by OveFundinFan

On 10/4/2023 at 12:24 AM, Daniel Smith said:

I tend to agree with CR, had Zmarzlik been in the Crump, Pedersen, Gollob, Rickardsson era he'd have been eating much much more plywood. 

Absolutely nobody want to ride him to the fence when he goes round them. When he dive bombs, nobody tactically jumps off their bike. 

Speedway has become to nice

If they went a bit faster into the bends he wouldn’t be able to dive bomb them.It’s not his fault they are slow .

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

If they went a bit faster into the bends he wouldn’t be able to dive bomb them.It’s not his fault they are slow .

Never said it's Zmarzlik's fault did I? It's the fault of the rest of the field. SGP has become to soft. I'd be riding him to the fence but it just doesn't happen much, if at all anymore at this level. Even in the Ekstraliga Zmarzlik is heavily protected. 

I desperately want to see a peak Nicki Pedersen type rider back in the series but there's nobody out there. 

16 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Never said it's Zmarzlik's fault did I? It's the fault of the rest of the field. SGP has become to soft. I'd be riding him to the fence but it just doesn't happen much, if at all anymore at this level. Even in the Ekstraliga Zmarzlik is heavily protected. 

I desperately want to see a peak Nicki Pedersen type rider back in the series but there's nobody out there. 

So, you want speedway to become a contact sport? The more riders in hospital the better, eh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What do mean by heavily protected.

1 hour ago, chunky said:

So, you want speedway to become a contact sport? The more riders in hospital the better, eh?

Taking someone to the airfence doesn't require contact, just take the space away, but to a point yes, it's always added to the sport throughout it's history. Of course, nobody WANT serious injuries but it's part & parcel of this game. 

Hard but fair should always be in this game. 

45 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What do mean by heavily protected.

Questionable decisions going in Zmarzlik's favour. 

• Like 1