British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Fair enough :t:

The track prep was daft imo. Even bomber was toiling in his first 3 rides and way starts were tarasenko couldn't get out the gate. Once was riding bit more like usual prep we hit 3 5-1s. 

Having that extra grip the track becomes a bit one line, as can see when wasn't usual passing and again tarasenko preferred inside move wasn't available. Prepare that for Poole Lawson and worrall will lap it up

The track prep was daft was it? I take it you  were fast asleep when it was  battering down with rain for  the previous few days. And there  was  no heat to dry things out.

People were suggesting it would be off but the track staff got it rideable and it went ahead. We won in the end by doing to Oxford what they done to us in the first leg through  grit and determination. Hopefully the weather gods will be kinder this  weekend. 

• Like 3

Just now, SharpenRake said:

The track prep was daft was it? I take it you  were fast asleep when it was  battering down with rain for  the previous few days. And there  was  no heat to dry things out.

People were suggesting it would be off but the track staff got it rideable and it went ahead. We won in the end by doing to Oxford what they done to us in the first leg through  grit and determination. Hopefully the weather gods will be kinder this  weekend. 

Was dry all day Monday. I work in centre of town was 1 shower about 11ish then sun was out rest of day on Tuesday. Think you must've been asleep. There was clearly a conscious decision (as was mentioned on the bsn commentary) for track and particular starts to be prepared that way.

Given its to be pelting down all week will need some work for Sunday 

24 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Was dry all day Monday. I work in centre of town was 1 shower about 11ish then sun was out rest of day on Tuesday. Think you must've been asleep. There was clearly a conscious decision (as was mentioned on the bsn commentary) for track and particular starts to be prepared that way.

Given its to be pelting down all week will need some work for Sunday 

Where you work has no bearing on the weather at Ashfield. The sun being  out in the city centre doesn't  mean its out at  the track and even if it was it wouldn't necessarily dry out the track in a few hours when the temperature is relatively low as it is in October. I believe some dry shale was put on to try and get a better mix but another shower put paid to that. This also caused problems for the starts. Finally why would we deliberately doctor the track when we showed we could beat them a few weeks earlier.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Where you work has no bearing on the weather at Ashfield. The sun being  out in the city centre doesn't  mean its out at  the track and even if it was it wouldn't necessarily dry out the track in a few hours when the temperature is relatively low as it is in October. I believe some dry shale was put on to try and get a better mix but another shower put paid to that. This also caused problems for the starts. Finally why would we deliberately doctor the track when we showed we could beat them a few weeks earlier.

No to get into a weather argument with you but it's been unseasonably warms 18/19 even in the rain. Because Oxford would've had a set up in mind as were here 2 weeks before. See our first few heats at redcar for example, as Lee said on bsn they set up the same and track was different..result? 10-2 down after 2 heats.

I don't know about the general track prep, but as far as I know, the starting gates were prepared according to the riders' wishes. Although it seemed to be news to Vadim, from how his bike responded.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, lbw said:

Alreet me luvver

Come ere kissie kissie :rofl:

Why don’t you get a lift with your mates?

25 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

His best mates a Barista

If his best mate was a Barrister he could send his Chauffeur to drive him around the country

22 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So all roads lead to Glasgow on Sunday at 6pm, when the super strong Tigers take on the Pirates. With Vissing fit but likely to not ride, Glasgow can use riders on form to more than cover. Complin tonight showed what he can do around Ashfield and will probably get 6-7 rides in the first leg. Pirates job is to keep it tight and the last time the two teams met here ended in a two point win to the tigers. However, since then Glasgow have strengthened up with Tarasenko coming in, making them favourites to win the title this year.

But Poole never give up and even coming into the final as underdogs, will fight for every point and try and retain the title. The odds might be stacked but we will fight all the way. Should be a great couple of matches. Bring it on! 

Talking sense for once.

Prepare to get bleached.  Commiserations in advance.

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Trackprats about 

3 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Think of something new brains.

Fancy a flat white 

4 hours ago, lbw said:

I thought Poole raced against Leicester in last year's final unless me noggin is avin a moment.

Semi final was us. Was also a two legged affair. But rainoffs pushed the first leg to Poole.

Will Glasgow risk getting Vissing back for the final?

Thankfully Anders Rowe is ready to race, he can be our trump card or our achilles heel.

10 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Is that correct, no tactical substitutes allowed in the grand final?

£4? Hook me up with your dealer, Steve.

No tactical allowed in grand final no...

• Like 1