British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Watch the stream. Good and cheap.

Yep there's a few options :t:

But all options will bring the same result and that's a Pirates WIN :t:

Going up to support the Pirates. We love our speedway. Hope to see some more supporters there. Its going to be a tough one.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

By the time the first leg is staged steve will have to come ashore with the catch .

Staggering that so many give the attention he craves lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Was dry all day Monday. I work in centre of town was 1 shower about 11ish then sun was out rest of day on Tuesday. Think you must've been asleep. There was clearly a conscious decision (as was mentioned on the bsn commentary) for track and particular starts to be prepared that way.

Given its to be pelting down all week will need some work for Sunday 

It rained quite a few times at the track on Tuesday. A fairly heavy shower at 3pm really threatened the meeting after on off showers all morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

It rained quite a few times at the track on Tuesday. A fairly heavy shower at 3pm really threatened the meeting after on off showers all morning.

Track covers would have prevented that damage, Glasgow cannot control the weather but they do have to choice to try and mitigate against it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, marko said:

Track covers would have prevented that damage, Glasgow cannot control the weather but they do have to choice to try and mitigate against it.

I disagree. The track was too wet prior to put track covers down. The base needs to be bone dry for track covers to work otherwise they pull the moisture to the surface.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rain forecast all day Friday and all day Saturday. Only got Sunday morning and afternoon to get the track raceable. Got to expect another quagmire for this first leg if it goes ahead on Sunday teatime. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are forecast dry, but I am thinking Glasgow would get a much bigger crowd on a Sunday, and riders will have to adapt to very difficult track conditions. Could well be a repeat of the Oxford meeting racing wise. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rain forecast all day Friday and all day Saturday. Only got Sunday morning and afternoon to get the track raceable. Got to expect another quagmire for this first leg if it goes ahead on Sunday teatime. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are forecast dry, but I am thinking Glasgow would get a much bigger crowd on a Sunday, and riders will have to adapt to very difficult track conditions. Could well be a repeat of the Oxford meeting racing wise. 

Rain is forecast, but not loads by Glasgow standards. The banking helps with drainage too. Of course the ground gets much colder at this time of year, which doesn't make it a lot harder. We'll see.

• Like 1

Great result on Tuesday evening but with the weather the way it is and the reports looking abysmal i can see why this fixture has been moved to Sunday afternoon. Good call by the management.  

7 hours ago, lbw said:

Yep there's a few options :t:

But all options will bring the same result and that's a Pirates WIN :t:

Does anyone know if Ace will be fit for Sunday after his injury on Tuesday?

Edited by Kerrso

In terms of entertainment, the integrity of the sport and fair play I'd be far more worried about 6 days of sunny dry weather in Poole. 

A slick motorway dust bowl for gating tarts certainly isn't goint to help Bomber, Basso, Tereshenko, Brennan or Complin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

Great result on Tuesday evening but with the weather the way it is and the reports looking abysmal i can see why this fixture has been moved to Sunday afternoon. Good call by the management.  

Sunday evening. 6pm start. 

16 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Sunday evening. 6pm start. 

Yes i know that. And i also know that evening begins at 6pm but 6pm to me will always be the afternoon. Quit being so pedantic.

Edited by Nickinho

1 hour ago, HGould said:

In terms of entertainment, the integrity of the sport and fair play I'd be far more worried about 6 days of sunny dry weather in Poole. 

A slick motorway dust bowl for gating tarts certainly isn't goint to help Bomber, Basso, Tereshenko, Brennan or Complin

Let's hope for some nice dry weather then 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

Yes i know that. And i also know that evening begins at 6pm but 6pm to me will always be the afternoon. Quit being so pedantic.

Stop being so touchy