British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

38 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

How is the weather looking this morning.

2 miles ish from the track and it's dry, have no desire to work today fingers crossed it stays like this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

2 miles ish from the track and it's dry, have no desire to work today fingers crossed it stays like this.

Sounds good news , hope it stays that way, alot of conflicting forecasts about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Another thought are there enough rider to go around if you drop to 36? I'm pretty sure Poole and Glasgow are about 45 so you're dropping 9 points. So you're talking about dropping Lawson/ basso and Rowe/ vissing for 2 2 pointers. Apart from fact how ridiculously weaker the league would be but if we need something like 14 to 18 2 pointers then you're down to NDL reserves!

Very good point.  It could be go either way, either not enough low average riders riders and then potentially also forcing some riders out of the sport if there is no room to accommodate them in any team due to having too low a points limit.  It would then force the premature retirement of riders when they still have good racing ability.  Its happened before when the points limit has been drastically reduced.  They need to get the balance right.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Get to bed Trackprat

@Phil name calling. Can i have a reason why this is allowed?

• Like 1

Buzzing for this tonight.

I’m out on the coast, but a friend said it’s raining on the outskirts of Glasgow. Regardless, the forecast is positive, so here’s hoping.

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Vissing still R/R tonight. Think he is still going to be present though.

Is he still injured or have they printed the programmes so the team will have to stay the same :D

10 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Is he still injured or have they printed the programmes so the team will have to stay the same :D

Haha, Anders Rowe maybe in the original programme.

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Name calling can you ask Phil why this is allowed.

I know i'm not allowed, constant banning shows that. Thanks for your useless input though.

well going of previous play offs 18pt lead may not be enough.:drink:

55 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

I know i'm not allowed, constant banning shows that. Thanks for your useless input though.

No worries,anytime!!

Realistically Pirates need to keep it to 10-12. Anything more and it could well be all over at 10pm tonight. Losing Anders is a big blow but the boys will dig deep like they did at Scunthorpe, though the opposition is much stronger tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Realistically Pirates need to keep it to 10-12. Anything more and it could well be all over at 10pm tonight. Losing Anders is a big blow but the boys will dig deep like they did at Scunthorpe, though the opposition is much stronger tonight. 

Track conditions could be a big factor for both Teams. iMO

• Like 1