British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

Not over yet, but Poole chucked away so many points early on they have made it difficult for themselves.

Could go down to the wire this one.

Scoreline doesn't reflect the gulf in difference of the effort of the respective teams, Glasgow hit them hard from the start and never really backed off.  Poole did have some bad luck but even so, didn't expect them to get 38points.  At least Wednesday isn't a dead rubber, game on.

• Like 1

all to play for i’d say.  glasgow might be exposed with the reserves having to cover vissing

1 minute ago, lewy said:

14pts will not be enough for Glasgow ,needed at least 20pt lead imo.

I hope so, Glasgow should have got 20 plus

1 minute ago, old bob at herne bay said:

just the one racing line in the latter half o the meeting  - 6 feet from the fence. ;-(

wont be buying the BSN coverage on Weds - far too predictable at Wimborne Road.

Somebody should have told Lawson and Worrell then because Bomber went round them.He must have been 2 feet from the fence.

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

14pts will not be enough for Glasgow ,needed at least 20pt lead imo.

Keep the faith.

• Like 1

Am i missing something or do the reserve's need to have 4 rides ? 

Why would you put a rider that has scored 1 all meeting against one that has scored 7 (at that point) ??

• Like 6

14 never going be enough ...Pirates to lose

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Why would you put a rider that has scored 1 all meeting against one that has scored 7 (at that point) ??

Think he only has to have 3.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Poole will put 60 past these lot . Nothing against the Glasgow team but Newman will have compline and piper for dinner. Worrall and lawson will out gate Vadim and brennan. Bomber the only threat for me at Poole. Don't even think basso will hit 10.

No rain forecast for Wednesday.

14. We can do this! Harris is good at Poole. Basso hot and cold. Tarasenko never been there. Brennan hot and cold. Reserves not good.

We have a chance. Glasgow clear favourites but I would have given an arm and leg for 14 defeat after 8 heats.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Your team manager effed up big time. Couln’t believe it. Don’t think he knows the rules regarding reserve swaps.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No rain forecast for Wednesday.

14. We can do this! Harris is good at Poole. Basso hot and cold. Tarasenko never been there. Brennan hot and cold. Reserves not good.

We have a chance. Glasgow clear favourites but I would have given an arm and leg for 14 defeat after 8 heats.

Same old Shov..the other team are clear fav when clearly they are not . Can't believe he never  said thar rr makes Glasgow Stonger 

Edited by orion
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Your team manager effed up big time. Couln’t believe it. Don’t think he knows the rules regarding reserve swaps.

Regular occurrence,Ace probably told him he wanted too ride just like the Oxford situation last week.