British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

2 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I thought it was Chris holder but I may be wrong.  

Are you answering your own question:D

Well done Sheffield, commiserations Ipswich.

That was a much better meeting than Tuesday on a much better track despite the rain. 

Naughty from Doyle in heat 13, I'm glad he was found wanting in the deciding race, have never been a fan. Was an absolute plank off track too in his younger days.

The guest situation is a long way short of ideal but you reap what you sow I'm afraid. 

Pleased for Jason Edwards and Josh Pickering who started the season as Stars, and of course Norfolk's finest :D

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I thought it was Chris holder but I may be wrong.  

The message I got said it was Tai - not able to confirm though

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I thought it was holder and then someone said tai. Just wanted to get my facts right 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

As I said from friends of mine who were there …. They aren’t the nicest of fans 

A friend of my nan was there and said Ipswich fans have been nicking peoples hats  and s*******g in them…. Horrible fans

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I thought it was holder and then someone said tai. Just wanted to get my facts right 

By speculating who it might have been?  Great work Sherlock.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Lambert kept his from last year he mentioned it in is rant interview on tuesday 

He was a Aces rider though not a guest

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't know what many on here were moaning about, I thought that was great entertainment with some fine speedway in the later heats.

So pleased for Joshie Pickering, the rider of the final in my eyes with two blistering heat 14s.

Congratulations to Sheffield and commiserations to Ipswich - two fully committed teams giving it their all in difficult conditions.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Crazy robin said:

He was a Aces rider though not a guest

fair point !!

4 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

A friend of my nan was there and said Ipswich fans have been nicking peoples hats  and s*******g in them…. Horrible fans

you have obviously haven't come across this mouthy lot !!

Make a point of ignoring that utter numpty Gavan on here and his bile. But tonight is just too funny for words, reading his posts and his utter meltdown as Ipswich choked. Commiserations to the decent Ipswich fans on here who have congratulated Sheffield and taken it in the chin. It’s painful but you get over it. 

As for Gavan, he is now spewing crap about grown Sheffield fans shouting abuse in little 9 year old girls faces. Let’s be honest. It didn’t happen. It’s a figment of Gavans imagination. Are you feeling disappointed Gavan? Does it hurt to witness your team croak like that? Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind. :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Make a point of ignoring that utter numpty Gavan on here and his bile. But tonight is just too funny for words, reading his posts and his utter meltdown as Ipswich choked. Commiserations to the decent Ipswich fans on here who have congratulated Sheffield and taken it in the chin. It’s painful but you get over it. 

As for Gavan, he is now spewing crap about grown Sheffield fans shouting abuse in little 9 year old girls faces. Let’s be honest. It didn’t happen. It’s a figment of Gavans inferior brain. Are you feeling disappointed Gavan? Does it hurt to witness your team croak like that? Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind. :icon_smile_clown:

Blue touchpaper well and truly lit.   Sit back, open the popcorn, it's going to go off bigtime now.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

My Nana is bigger than yours tho 

I did say it wasn’t over - one of my very good friends in a long time sheffield fan and he will be so pleased the Tigers have won and I am too despite the fact I probably just about wanted Ipswich to win it! 

pleased for a few of the Sheffield riders - Howarth for example a good honest guy who gives his all in the track, some of the others are more of an acquired taste and we do seem to have a new issue of playoff tourism to address in future maybe! 

I just hope Bert Bert had a smile on his face! 

let’s face it a few weeks ago we all expected BV to be in the finals and the Witches were out of it! 

regardless of all the rules / shizzle bad news on closures etc  I have enjoyed my matches this season and hope we can have a decent 2024. 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Often the only way to get a sensible answer....

• Haha 2